1st Ashes Test Match - Reduced Skills. Full Playtest.

The fields were updated a few weeks ago which as far as I was aware should have prevented the fields that you have mentioned from happening. I would suggest posting on the patch thread to let Big Ant know that there are still problems with the fields. Maybe it's only been sorted for 40/50 over matches and not 20 over ones.

Anyhow to answer your question yes they should improve things for the shorter formats.
fields should be updated for all formats....when AI is bowling ....

@kamyFC If youre on the pc then dont you want to verify your account?

Aussies fall short of the 400 mark after Haddin (97) left high and dry after Hazlewood (55) frustrates England bowlers with a mixture of explosive and scrappy shots!!

Lunch Day 2
England 0/0
Australia 398

By far and away the best test match innings I have played. Have sat here and flown through it as it was so engrossing. Tail end didnt do much apart from Hazlewood. However that happens in real life as well. So im not worried about that. Makes it unpredictable. He could have been out caught on numerous occasions.[DOUBLEPOST=1437580078][/DOUBLEPOST]

Pro mate.

I'm a little bit shocked to be honest with you. Its has everything.

I have given my batsmen 6 for all skills and i'm going to bat with that. I normally loose concentration but im going to play out the full match to get a good feel for things.

Time to burn. The joys of being a teacher ha!

The AI are even defending and scrambling quick singles.

I gave Hazlewood a bit of a send off as well! Massive joy when his pole went rolling!

how many increments you given to bowlers mate,game looking great edges also

At lunch first day: Aussies 98/2

Two catches in the covers: tight but no edges at all.... X

Just started a game on green pitch and clear weather no chance of rain.England were scoring at 5 runs in first six overs.Then planned to bowl back of length for 2-3 overs and some bouncers and then pitched on up and got a great edge.Game rewards planning .So Guys try to plan a batsman out.

20zdye8.png

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Can someone summarize the settings to lower the skills.

This is what i got from going through the 2 threads

Batting
For all batsmen??

BF/FF: 6-10
Straight: 8-11
Flat: 6-10
Off/On: 0-2

Pace Bowlers
4 for outswing
3 for in
Everything else I have bumped up to 2-3 short of max.

Spin Bowlers
?????
Any changes in Drift, Flight, Leg Break, Off break?

Mentality
All players - Precice

Anticipation
No higher than 14/15.
Having minimum anticipation (11) for batsmen with a batting average below 20,
then BatAv 20-30=12, 30-40= 13, 40-50=14, and 50+=15. .

Can someone please update this summary please?

Also wealey88 can you give us the username so we could download your teams?

Last edited:
Can someone please update this summary please?

Batting
For batsmen with a batting average above 20

BF/FF: 4-9
Straight: 8-11
Flat: 6-10
Off/On: 0-5 I keep them equal. 5 for batsmen with a batting average of 50 then -1 increment for every -10 BattAv.

Pace Bowlers
1-8 for outswing
1-6 for in
seam: set to determine the bowlers quality. 18 is probably good for the likes of Steyn, Akram etc. Lower if bowling teams out too easily, increase if you are not.

cut/slower ball: Set at the same value as seam.

Spin Bowlers
Drift: 0-6
For other attributes set up so that the stock delivery is generally high due to lack of turn but set the others quite a bit lower. I will give an example when I have the time.

Mentality
All players - As you wish.

Anticipation
No higher than 14/15.
Minimum anticipation (11) for batsmen with a batting average below 20,
then BatAv 20-30=12, 30-40= 13, 40-50=14, and 50+=15.

Consistency
11-13

Strength

17-22

Setting the game up like this should give a far improved performance but it must be noted that it still isn't perfect and expect a few of these values to be changed in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread