2006 FIFA World Cup [FIFA 08 PC]

Second Round: England v New Zealand

Surprise group winners New Zealand should provide England with little challenge in the Second Round, but will the match result be as expected?

Match Highlights

Nick Freestone's comments:

"It was a bit one-sided wasn't it?! Seriously, I was really pleased today, we scored 9 and we know that we can hit the back of the net. The defence was rock-solid also, and we can go into the next game with lots of confidence."

But the quarter-final draw paired England with Germany, who they have already lost to in the group stage. Will England be able to turn the table when it matters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry this is so late - I've been busy recently, but I will finish this over Easter.

Quarter Final - England v Germany

Can England turn the tables when it really matters, and progress to the semi-finals of the World Cup for the first time since 1990?

Video Highlights

Nick Freestone's Comments:

"It was a great win. Darren Bent stepped up to the plate after Owen's injury in training, and the entire team gelled together. Bring on the semis!"

The four teams left in the 2006 FIFA World Cup are:

Argentina
Brazil
England
Portugal

Can England upset the odds and go all the way?

defence is poor but if you keep banging them in at t'other end who cares?

Each of the other 3 semi-finalists would be a damn hard game

Good luck :)

Nice and simple presentation. England have a tough ask to get to the final. Good luck with the rest of the tournament.

Semi Final - England v Portugal

The most important game of football for the English national team since 1990, can they win it?

Video Highlights

Nick Freestone's Comments:

"I was having a heart attack at the end, but luckily the players kept calm! You've got to hand it to Gerrard for that vital goal at the end, but every goal was vital. It was a great win, but we've a great deal to work on in defence before the final. I'm confident for the final - we've been winning and we've got great belief in the camp."

This is the furthest England have ever got in a World Cup held on foreign soil.
Can they go one step further and win the World Cup?

It would be nice to have at least one reply... :rolleyes:

I'm playing the Final tonight, and it'll be up by Monday...

Ya Best of Luck for Final.I have lost somewhere your Story.
Anyway Sorry.Nice one.keep up the Great Work.

Thanks all - I have been very busy, but things are being prepared and the results will be posted up on Tuesday night...

Users who are viewing this thread