2008 African Cup of Nations

Zidan and Amr Zaky should play for BAyern Munich!

I don't know when you jumped on the Bayern bandwagon, but I suppose you are doing your rounds and fair is fair. Zidan isn't good enough for Bayern, hell he doesn't really set the Bundesliga alight at Bremen. Now who in Bayern would you drop for him? Ribery ( nope, you pretty solidly on his knob :p) van Bommel, Ze Roberto? Altintop even? Not going to happen, hell even Borowski is going to find the fight for a first team place tough.

I suppose Ghana came good against the Ivorians, they should have been in the final with Egypt but aren't. Anyway Egypt should take it, they've performed seriously well and Zidan has been key for them.

Zidan Best african player of 2008, great win egypt.

Hope they make it into the WC. Btw, the credit of that goal should go to the person who made the run and kept the ball rather then the scorer.

Togo have pulled out for the 2011 version of this tournament and rightfully so. I think the tournament should be cancelled/postponed because what happened is pretty damn serious.

For the record, 3 people died, 9 got injured including 2 players.

I don't know what's worse. That or the fact that there's no Aboutreika at this year's tournament.

Just kidding.

Togo have pulled out for the 2011 version of this tournament and rightfully so. I think the tournament should be cancelled/postponed because what happened is pretty damn serious.

For the record, 3 people died, 9 got injured including 2 players.

You mean the 2010 version? Yeh I heard what happened and they had every right to pull out and I think I would have refused to play had I been one of the Togo players.

Is it being shown on TV anywhere? The opening match was 4-4, that had to be worth a look. Also, Algeria (England's World Cup opponents) getting destroyed by Malawi - what will England do to them? :D

Is it being shown on TV anywhere? The opening match was 4-4, that had to be worth a look. Also, Algeria (England's World Cup opponents) getting destroyed by Malawi - what will England do to them? :D

Lose :p

Saw an entertaining first half between Egypt and Nigeria which ended 1-1. Going to actually check the final score, I wouldn't be surprised if Nigeria nicked that one...

A much deserved congratulations to Egypt for winning this thrice in a row. I always enjoy watching them play. At times a bit dirty but really really passionate.

I believe they are in the top 10 in the rankings, which according to me is well deserved.

It wasn't the best final. If the shots werent well wide they were far to soft to trouble the keeper. But still, well done to Egypt.

Users who are viewing this thread