Get a 50.
Average over 30.00

School Cricket
Get a 100.
Average over 80.00

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Get back into the second team and stay there. Was a massive disappointment last season to get dropped to the thirds after not really getting much of a chance in the seconds. Opened in the first match of last season, dropped to the thirds, then in the second half of the season I got selected for the seconds again, batted at eight, didn't bowl and get dropped three games later. :rolleyes:

If I had to name statistical aims, they would be an economy rate of under five, get a five-for (took four several times last year) and get that first fifty which keeps eluding me by one or two runs....

I thought your targets would be something achievable like get a haircut ;)

Only joking Stevie!

Not really sure of my targets for the season as I don't know how long I'll be playing for with the job hunt well under way! Think my target will be to play as long as possible! :p

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
Ani - I used to play for suffolk - Do you know Jed Cawkwell?

KP - which club in suffolk do you play for ??? - I played for easton

Maney - Tough to get into the first X1 with players like Gravell, Ashwin and maybe even Sasha will have a place? also Cooky will be in their

good luck all in your endevours.

Im not playing any more cricket till England school/Col east essex summer in 2009.

This off season I am working hard and trying with my personal coach (Grant Parmentor) to try to really get into form and improve my batting and leggies.

Then when I return to England I am looknig for Essex age group selection (Suffolk is useless) and to have a good season with the school firsts.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
1. Find a good team
2. Finish the season with a bowling average around 25.
3. Get a 5-fer
4. Improve fielding
5. Improve batting
Yeah, I have pretty much the same goals for 2008, except that I already have a good team and I'll stick with them.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I have a different goal:

1. Find a club to play for!

Once that is achieved:

2. Achieve a strike rate of above 8.00 (!)
3. Take a 5 wicket haul

I doubt you'll take a 5 wicket hall in your first season (is it your first season?). I've been playing for six years, and best I've taken is 4/14.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
1) Stop bowling full tosses as a leggie.
2) Try to promote myself to No.10 in batting. :cool:
3) Improve General Fielding.

Chimp132

International Cricketer
1 - Average 30 with atleast 2 fiftys
2 - get about 30 wickets
3 - take a few more catches lol

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
1)Promote myself up my school batting order
2)Try and break my 50 duck.
3)Take some stunning catches

Animator!

School Cricketer
Ani - I used to play for suffolk - Do you know Jed Cawkwell?
KP - which club in suffolk do you play for ??? - I played for easton

Maney - Tough to get into the first X1 with players like Gravell, Ashwin and maybe even Sasha will have a place? also Cooky will be in their

good luck all in your endevours.

Im not playing any more cricket till England school/Col east essex summer in 2009.

This off season I am working hard and trying with my personal coach (Grant Parmentor) to try to really get into form and improve my batting and leggies.

Then when I return to England I am looknig for Essex age group selection (Suffolk is useless) and to have a good season with the school firsts.

Which age group would he be in now mate?

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors

Batting
-play myself in and then just make runs fast. It's the only way I know how to do it and its the best way.
Bowling- Consistency. One day I'll genuinely come home thinking I could out bowl Brett Lee for pace and accuracy and the next I'll come home and watch Mohammad Sami thinking wow he's not that bad. If I get consistent performances people will have to take notice and with the way I changed my action i think it might happen.
Fielding- stop dropping easy chances, i take all the hard ones!

As for teams, with the mens I just hope to see us get a reasonable win ratio with me contributing and with U17s win the league again (will never ever happen)

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
Which age group would he be in now mate?

he would be in the under 17 side I think (yr12 at school now)

He is a top order batsmen
I also know

- Archie Gravell
- Sam Bennet King (Not sure if still playing)

Users who are viewing this thread