2008: The year of the Crow

crowsbannerel8.jpg

vsdockersuu0.jpg

Crows win by 18 points.

Adelaide have come away with another win at home against the Fremantle Dockers in their round 5 clash at Aami Stadium. The Crows came out with a 4 goal first quarter to lead at the first change by over 2 goals. It was always going to be a couple of goal advantage to the home side, in this case Adelaide have the help of 42 thousand Crows fans.
The Crows relied on their younger pregade in this match. Fremantle came in with some match up's and some taggers. Scott Thompson and Simon Goodwin were tagged throughout the duration of the match, while Andrew McLeod had a tag, but was moved around the ground to shake off the tag.

The Dockers did well holding Simon Goodwin to only 12 possesions and Scott Thompson only managed 6 disposals, with Josh Carr and Heath Black doing very well on the 2 Crow superstars. Adelaide had to rely on Jason Porplyzia to kick their goals, Porplyzia finished the match with 3 goals, and was the difference between the 2 sides.

67223vw9.jpg

Jason Porplyzia kicks his 2nd, as the Crows get away from the Dockers at Aami

scoreboardnz4.jpg

250pxadelaidecrowslogogf1.png

Adelaide: 4.2 - 9.3 - 11.6 - 11.8 - (74)

Goals: J. Porplyzia (3) - T. Hentschel (2) - M. Doughty (2) - D. MacKay - B. Burton - C. Knights - B. Symes
Best: B. Vince, G. Johncock, J. Porplyzia, A. McLeod
Disposals: G. Johncock (31) - B. Vince (29) - R. Shirley (29) - A. McLeod (29)
Injuries: Nil
Reports:

crowsstatstl1.jpg

imageshy0.jpg

Fremantle: 2.6 - 3.8 - 5.12 - 7.14 - (56)

Goals: L. McPharlin - S. McManus - M. Pavlich - C. Tarrant - B. Peake - B. Schammer - G. Ibbotson
Best: D. Mundy - G. Ibbotson - A. Sandilands - M. Johnson
Disposals: D. Mundy (30) - D. Solomon (24) - A. Sandilands (22) - G. Ibbotson (22)
Reports:

freostatsct2.jpg

Great win, the first quarter did it for you.
Johncock had an amazing game, as did Andrew McLeod!

A good performance by the Crows there sealing a quite comfortable win. I think if I'm honest, this is the best update so far for a finished match as there is some writing to read, so I suggest to keep that involved in the updates, other than that the graphics are spot on!:)

BTW What game is this being played on?

Though it's a bit unrealistic possession wise, I think it's better than TAR.

crowsbannerpl4.jpg

vsbluesns2.jpg

Blues bring in stars to take on the Crows.

Carlton have bought in 4 big stars into their clash with Adelaide @ the MCG on Saturday. Carlton have axed Darren Pfeiffer, Dennis Armfield, Richard Hadley and Adam Bentick (concussion) from this clash, and have bought in 3 Number 1 draft picks. Chris Judd the captain, Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs and goal kicker Brad Fisher all return for the Blues. Coach Brett Ratten says "The Crows are a very good side, so we won't be taking them lightly. It's a boost we have those players coming back for us, but it's unfortunate that some of the younger guys miss out".

carlton2hc9.jpg

blueslineupvs3.jpg

250pxadelaidecrowslogocq5.png

adelaidelineupam6.jpg

crowsbannerqg4.jpg

vsblueshp9.jpg

scoreboardvj6.jpg

Judd shines as the Blues beat the Crows

The inclusion of Carlton Captain Chris Judd on thursday afternoon had all Blues fans excited about the up coming match against the Crows at the MCG. Carlton welcomed back Chris Judd, Marc Murphy and Bryce Gibbs into the side to take on the Crows, and from that moment all Blues fans knew that they were going to win.
Chris Judd was instrumental in the win. 30 possesions for the champion and taking 9 marks. Judd was back to his brilliant best against the Crows. Judd has had some problems with his groin for over a year now, but looked to overcome that during yesterdays game.
Marc Murphy and Bryce Gibbs also both contributed to the win, as they were always back into the Blues side, with Murphy picking up 11 posessions while Gibbs played on the wing and picked up 14.

The Crows tried hard all afternoon. But not having that tall full forward has cost them again. The Crows didn't have a single multiple goal kicker for the afternoon. Patrick Dangerfield (the number 9 draft pick) played his first game, and was very solid. Dangerfield kicked a goal in the 2nd quarter when he came onto the ground, and finished the match with 16 disposals and took 7 marks. It is scary, that Dangerfield only played 42 minutes of the match, but he had 16 possesions. He looks to be a very good find for the Crows and he will be a superstar of the future.
Nathan Bock was the Crows best player, picking up 28 possesions from defence.

153217ek4.jpg

The Champ is back: Chris Judd was back to his best for the Blues against the Crows at the MCG

carlton2bt4.jpg

Carlton: 4.1 - 7.1 - 9.8 - 11.12 - (78)

Goals: Fevola (3) - Houlihan (2) - Betts (2) - Wiggins - Stevens - Fisher - Scotland
Best: C. Judd - E. Betts - R. Houlihan - H. Scotland - S. Wiggins - J. Waite
Disposals: C. Judd (30) - H. Scotland (22) - J. Waite (22) - E. Betts (21)
Injuries: Bret Thornton - Right corked thigh (1 week)
Reports: Nil

bluesstatsku7.jpg

250pxadelaidecrowslogoif7.png

Adelaide: 2.1 - 4.3 - 5.5 - 7.9 - (51)

Goals: Dangerfield - Stevens - Reilly - Goodwin - Shirley - Hentschel - Porplyzia
Best: Bock - Reilly - Shirley - Hentschel - Symes - Goodwin
Disposals: N. Bock (28) - R. Shirley (26) - B. Symes (24) - Reilly (23)
Reports: Nil

crowsstatsmu6.jpg

Nice update there.
Juddy was a superstar for the Blues with 30 disposals which looks to be good signs for the Blues.
Bad luck about the loss though, then again looking at the quality of players you're up against, the loss is understandable :D

Keep it up mate, I'm really enjoying it.

Well I didn't get my 0-0:mad: and it was very unfortunate that the Crows would lose, I am very disappointed in you!:p

Great work mate, keep it up!:)

Hey there guys. Unfortunately i am going to have to stop this story. I got a new laptop for my birthday, and i can't be bothered transfering the game from my comp to my laptop. So i will start a new Story as soon as i get time.

Users who are viewing this thread