2008: The year of the Crow

Roofrom50

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
crowsbannertv6.jpg

2008 The Year of the Crow

With the loss of 6 experienced players, the Adelaide Crows are looking at a rebuilding stage of their History. With the loss of Mark Ricciuto, Jason Torney, Ian Perrie, Darren Pfeiffer (Carlton), Martin Mattner (Sydney), Scott Welsh (Western Bulldogs), Ben Hudson (Western Bulldogs) and John Meesen (Melbourne). The Crows are looking to their next generation of players to step up, and take control of this wonderful club.

Players like, Brent Reilly, Nathan VanBerlo, Chris Knights, Bernie Vince and Jason Porplyzia will need to become the new generation of Crows to lead this team to a premiership.
There are still a lot of experienced players in the Crows line up. Andrew McLeod, Simon Goodwin, Nathan Bassett, Brett Burton and Rhett Biglands are still in the Crows team and will be looking to guide the young Crows to victory.

teamtf4.jpg

team2ck5.jpg

Good luck RF5 (your official new name), you could sneak into the 8 I reckon.

Very nice graphics. Don't know too much about AFL but I will keep my eye on this story and also that is the reason why my comments will alittle bit less knowledgable then most.

Good start mate, keep it up!:)

crowsbannerjj4.jpg

vsdogscy5.jpg

Round One - Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide @ Telstra Dome

scoresbr6.jpg

imageswc3.jpg

The Western Bulldogs are a hard running outfit. They look as a team, and they played like a team. Beatiful skills and wonderful endurance to run out the match massive winners. It was great to see the Dogs spread the goal kicking. Brian Lake has been the Dogs full back for years of his career. With the emergence of some quality tall defenders, the Dogs were able to release Lake into the forward line to limit the tall forward. He showed he can play up forward by kicking 4 goals for the Dogs. The Dogs captain Brad Johnson was also good kicking 4 goals. Johnson was very good around the ground as well picking up 32 possesions and the veteran is looking in good form, as he gets older and older.

Western Bulldogs: 5.3 - 11.12 - 15.14 - 18.18 - (126)

Goals: Lake 4, Johnson 4, Eagleton 3, West 2, Ray, Cooney, Cross, Akermanis, Skipper
Best: Johnson, Harris, West, Giansiracusa, Eagleton, Griffen
Disposals: Johnson 32 - Griffen 29 - Giansiracusa 29 - West 28
Injuries: Nil
Reports: Nil

dogsstatsav8.jpg

adelaide20crows20logo20zw1.jpg

Was a dissapoitning match for Adelaide. Defiently not the way they wanted to start the 2008 Season. Not many postives come out of the match for the Crows except the first game by Brad Symes for the Crows. Coming to the Crows from the Power in trade week, Symes cemeted his spot in the Crows midfield picking up 31 possesions on debut for the Crows. Graham Johncock had a massive 44 possesions from the Half Back flank, and was accurate with most of his disposal.

Adelaide: 2.1 - 2.1 - 5.2 - 7.3 - (45)

Goals: Goodwin 2, Vince 2, Stevens, Burton, VanBerlo
Best: Johncock, Goodwin, Biglands, Symes, Vince, Bock
Disposals: Johncock 44 - Symes 31- Bock 28 - Vince 26
Injuries: Nil
Reports: Nil

crowsstatsbq7.jpg

bradjohnsonza0.jpg

Bulldog Champion Brad Johnson is chaired off the ground after reaching 300 AFL matches.

My godness me! That is a shocking performance from the Crows, I expected at least only a 10 point loss but not an 81 point loss. Adelaide will really have to be better in the next game!

Brilliant work mate, keep it up!:)

Yeah shocking first game up i must admit. But we will come back, train harder during the week and play better next week... hopefully :p

absolute romping 1st game up, hopefully can get pack the coast and scotty thompson can find the form hes in in real life!

Users who are viewing this thread