2008 Under-19 World Cup

Australia sent home by pakistan. I loved watching Akmal play upfront. He was slogging hard and missing 80% of times. Yet when he made connection it went for 4's. Thats mindless slogger you see in ODIs and poor bowlers were swearing at him, I wonder if he knew what they were saying at all.

Other was Bangladesh Vs South Africa.Africa crashed there Bangladesh..
So South Africa in semis.

Other two will be Newzeland Vs Srilanka
and Australia Vs Pakistan.

So we already have two semis teams:India and South africa.
And by my money other two will be Pakistan and Newzeland..

I told that 2 days before...

So icy we just ready for ind vs Pak Final..lol..:p

India-Pakistan again in finals of Under 19 WC is predictable and I think will be headlines for next 10 years or so. Everytime it will be this final only.

Man, I saw Kohli's century, what an innings that was.

He definitely will be star for in India in Future..
Mob please include him in your list..lol..

I think Virat Kohli is more likely to be a star than Turuwar Kohli who still hasn't played a First Class game for his state.

And complete domination from Pakistan. If only the Indian and Pakistani systems continued to help these talented cricketers instead of letting them fall through the cracks.

Yay New Zealand through.

Unfortunately we meet India in the next round, who seem like the strongest side. I dunno we may be able to pull off something lucky. Our bowling attack seems to be one of the best at the tournament.

I kind of prefer this format. :D Although I'm indecisive between this format and the 2003 one where we had more games per side.

Hmmm as usual our u19 guys unable to cope against other International sides. Hughes had a pretty average tournament seeing how he was scoring 50s against the older International sides.

Hmmm as usual our u19 guys unable to cope against other International sides. Hughes had a pretty average tournament seeing how he was scoring 50s against the older International sides.

Its as if the Under 19's aren't taken seriously. It really should get some more focus from Australia. I'd say the players still angle more for their first class contracts.

I wonder if we can see a big Pakistan-India final :D

I hope that some of the Pakistanis and Indians living in Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, and Australia show up for the final.

And it is a day-night affair, which shall make everything more interesting :)

In everyone's best interests, South Africa and New Zealand should concede their matches against Pakistan and India respectively.

But of course, we have to earn winning the third consecutive cup :)

South Africa are no walk in the park though. They have batting strength, something we lack, but we have bowling strength.

Yay New Zealand through.

Unfortunately we meet India in the next round, who seem like the strongest side. I dunno we may be able to pull off something lucky. Our bowling attack seems to be one of the best at the tournament.

India did play the same team in their warm-up and the Kiwis sure gave India a tough fight.Hoping for an Indian win,but,at this level anything is possible.

I kind of prefer this format. :D Although I'm indecisive between this format and the 2003 one where we had more games per side.

In this format,if you lose one game,you are virtually out.
The 4 group method[2007 format].
Secondly,with a quarter final,the number of games will reduce,but i believe that that is where the element of fun will come into play.

Hmmm as usual our u19 guys unable to cope against other International sides.

And why is that so ?
In the recent past,Aussie U-19's ahvent been much of a force to reckon with.I wonder how these guys will cope up in the international arena.
One might argue that the international side is mad eup of 30+ players,but it sure will be a problem when they all go.

South Africa are no walk in the park though. They have batting strength, something we lack, but we have bowling strength.

SA-Pak would be interesting and as Zmario pointed out,the semis will be played under lights.SA bowling under lights is something i really would not like to face.[even at U-19].Their skipper is really good.

Anyways,the semsi are being palyed between 4 wonderful teams.I'd like to see yet another India-Pak final with India coming out ast the better side this time round. :D

Last edited:
Well so Testing time for India tomorrow..They are two steps away from the Cup!!!Still NZ is good bowling side and India don't like to chase under light.So i wish India will bat first tomorrow..

Last edited:
I don't remember his name but last time around there was this Pakistani right arm fast bowler who was running through India's batting line-up in the final. He was swinging it a mile; I was really impressed with him. Anybody know what his name is and how he's been doing in domestic cricket?

Users who are viewing this thread