2012 T20I World Cup qualifying

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ireland and Scotland have been drawn in the same group

The 16 hopeful teams will battle for two tournament places in a 12-day event in the United Arab Emirates in March.

Ireland and Scotland are in Group B with Kenya, Namibia, Uganda, Oman, Italy and the United States.

Group A comprises Afghanistan, the Netherlands, Canada, Papua New Guinea, Hong Kong, Bermuda, Denmark and Nepal.

The two group winners of the ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier will play each other in the first qualifying final, with the winner of that game guaranteed a place in the tournament proper.

Group A's second-placed team will play the third-placed team in Group B and vice versa, with the winners of those games meeting in the preliminary final.

The preliminary final winner and the first qualifying final loser will take part in the second qualifying final for the second place in the main tournament.

The winners of the two qualifying finals will then contest the ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier final - with the winner joining Australia and West Indies in Group B of the tournament proper, and the runner-up facing defending champions England and 2007 winners India in Group A.

This will be the third time ICC associate and affiliate teams have had the chance to qualify for the World Twenty20, with the 2012 event taking place in Sri Lanka from 18 September until 7 October.

BBC Sport - Ireland and Scotland learn ICC World Twenty20 qualifier format

Sounds somewhat convaluted, but I guess the competing teams will take any scraps. Would have been better if Ireland and Scotland were not in the same group.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
er. that's the 2012 twenty20 world championship qualifying.

i was about to fly into a fit of rage them holding it so early again when the world cup is in 2015.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
too many matches for a qualifier tbh

Owzat

International Coach
er. that's the 2012 twenty20 world championship qualifying.

i was about to fly into a fit of rage them holding it so early again when the world cup is in 2015.

Whoops, my bad. Perhaps the thread should be deleted then, T20 isn't worth starting a thread over. I was confused by the article I saw on teletext, perhaps should have guessed when I had trouble finding it and some references to 2013 that it wasn't proper cricket.

Did wonder why Afghanistan were in there, I mean I know they have made some noise on the cricket scene and think it was T20 as much or more than ODIs.

Bring on the proper stuff

Users who are viewing this thread