2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Australia

Good luck drying the whole ground at the MCG when it stops raining

T20 WC so far:

18 games, no rain
1 game abandoned
1 game no result
1 game DLS

Iirc hockey was more popular in India or atleat the same level of appeal as cricket in the 90s.
90's are long gone buddy! The only sports that can imo rival Cricket in the future is Football (long way to go though)

F***ing Aussies got lucky again

90's are long gone buddy! The only sports that can imo rival Cricket in the future is Football (long way to go though)

Football is never going to become as big as cricket in India IMO even in the future unless by some miracle we get a superstar or two. There simply isn't enough money in the sport locally, the AIFF is extremely corrupt and the local scene is limited to certain regions only. IIRC the ISL (top league in football in the country) is operating at a loss every year and has not yet become sustainable (not helped by the broadcasters and the league owners being the same group).

New Zealand lucky that they didn't face the might of T20 Blast hero Naveen ul-Haq and managed to escape with a point here.

DLS takes into account the amount of wickets left, but would there be a way for it to take into account the quality of the batters left to bat?

DLS takes into account the amount of wickets left, but would there be a way for it to take into account the quality of the batters left to bat?
I was actually thinking, how relevant is it when the game is changing so much? I'd have backed Moeen, Livingstone, Curran and Woakes to have chased that - was a similar rate India needed if I'm not wrong. No guarantee of course, Ireland deserved the win, but it wasn't an astronomical run chase.

Users who are viewing this thread