2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Australia

I was actually thinking, how relevant is it when the game is changing so much? I'd have backed Moeen, Livingstone, Curran and Woakes to have chased that - was a similar rate India needed if I'm not wrong. No guarantee of course, Ireland deserved the win, but it wasn't an astronomical run chase.

No never.. This is how stupid captaincy like Butler and Babar faces the Consequences. Livingston would've finished the game by 18th over
Yeah agree, England would have chased that, but DLS penalises or rewards for your planning for the rain. England definitely knew there was a chance it was gonna rain, but they still batted slowly.

Yeah agree, England would have chased that, but DLS penalises or rewards for your planning for the rain. England definitely knew there was a chance it was gonna rain, but they still batted slowly.
Yeah, they were either not proactive enough or Ireland were just too good. England were pretty sloppy for half the match and it cost them.

Yeah, they were either not proactive enough or Ireland were just too good. England were pretty sloppy for half the match and it cost them.
The bowling by Ireland was absolutely top class today and boy had the catches been taken by Ireland England would have had no chance irrespective of the DLS or even the full game.

I really think Harry Brook should be batting at 4, if not him then Livingstone. Even Moeen. But I think asking a guy who has hardly played any T20, never really proven and not play that role much has been an error. Stokes should have at least played some of the Pakistan series.

Having Duckett come into the side, look outstanding, makes you wonder what the management/selectors are playing at.

Users who are viewing this thread