2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Australia

This is pathetic from West Indies though. Pooran’s completely fallen off a cliff compared to three years ago and has been found wanting on any surface that will assist pace 1% but even without his contribution this side should be beating Scotland on paper. That they haven’t yet is a superb testament of how well Scotland are playing today.

Also Odean’s batting at ten, behind Alzarri who was a tailender a few years ago. Another fall from grace.

And what is Brooks doing in this West Indies lineup? :lol

This is pathetic from West Indies though. Pooran’s completely fallen off a cliff compared to three years ago and has been found wanting on any surface that will assist pace 1% but even without his contribution this side should be beating Scotland on paper. That they haven’t yet is a superb testament of how well Scotland are playing today.

Also Odean’s batting at ten, behind Alzarri who was a tailender a few years ago. Another fall from grace.

And what is Brooks doing in this West Indies lineup? :lol
I think Odean is at ten as he's seen as a finisher, so they've held him back until too late. Joseph is a decent bat and they were probably hoping he'd last longer than 1 ball. :lol

Brooks did average 40 at 150 in the CPL, including a 50 ball 100.

It's an upset but not as surprising as yesterday. West Indies have plenty of match winners but as a team are wildly inconsistent and prone to these underwhelming performances.

Huge result for Scotland and a fantastic performance.

Geelong a bat first surface?

Bat first and win the game?

Having said that nothing to take away from the wins of both Namibia and Scotland.

First Namibia then Scotland :spy

I think Odean is at ten as he's seen as a finisher, so they've held him back until too late. Joseph is a decent bat and they were probably hoping he'd last longer than 1 ball. :lol

Brooks did average 40 at 150 in the CPL, including a 50 ball 100.

Charles also had a good CPL IIRC and he looked absolutely clueless against Australia as expected. Brooks sadly isn’t an T20I batter IMO, he lacks the strike rotation of an elite accumulator and cannot bat aggressively enough against an international quality attack. He’s fine in an ODI if there are no other options but I’d rather have Odean swinging for the hills here at five than him.

lol @ Shami. It is certain that he would be in the playing XI. However, I do feel he shouldn't bowl at the death. He should complete his quota by the 12-14th overs.

Charles also had a good CPL IIRC and he looked absolutely clueless against Australia as expected. Brooks sadly isn’t an T20I batter IMO, he lacks the strike rotation of an elite accumulator and cannot bat aggressively enough against an international quality attack. He’s fine in an ODI if there are no other options but I’d rather have Odean swinging for the hills here at five than him.
He was probably the best domestic batter in the CPL. Considerably better than Hetmyer, who he replaced.

lol @ Shami. It is certain that he would be in the playing XI. However, I do feel he shouldn't bowl at the death. He should complete his quota by the 12-14th overs.

Tough to not see him bowl in the death after that over though.

Rahul’s struck two consecutive fifties in these warmups. Looks like he’s back in touch so any more of his statpadding shall be put down to his own selfishness and not a lack of match practice. :goggle:

Khushdil Shah Golden duck

Users who are viewing this thread