2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Australia

I don't think Aussie fans are that dedicated for cricket like Sub continent fans

No other region can have the passion for cricket that subcontinental fans do but Australian fans do have plenty of interest in cricket nationally especially compared to your average English person for instance or even a Kiwi/South African fan. They're not into international white ball games that much though especially once they've been moved off FTA Tv. Tests over their summer are usually quite packed and the BBL until it was needlessly extended and made worse with diminishing player quality was usually well attended too. Grade cricket in Australia is probably the toughest level of cricket there is globally at that level too and some players from there wouldn't look out of place in their domestic state sides or even an Associate team/lower tier test side.

It's Australia, they aren't going to bother with a meaningless T20I.
Its on a tuesday night, people gotta work, kids gotta go to school the next day. Plus here in Melbourne, when a game is on in perth, we're a few hours ahead so it doesn't come on until 10pm. Too late for me to watch on a work night personally.

Its on a tuesday night, people gotta work, kids gotta go to school the next day. Plus here in Melbourne, when a game is on in perth, we're a few hours ahead so it doesn't come on until 10pm. Too late for me to watch on a work night personally.
But that is a different thing, you have a reason for not watching the game as its late; people not attending a home game is a little surprising. Understand school next day and all but 25000 attendance is not world cup standard attendance?

Unlike the sub continent (mainly India) people have more obsessions than cricket, like having a real life, working and taking care of their families. Plus as @Bevab alluded to most of the respectable nations arent into the unhealthy fast food T20 cricket.

I don't think Aussie fans are that dedicated for cricket like Sub continent fans

They usually are, however, with the T20 format, I think CA never invested itself and its energies. For them, its just another version that has to be played.

The Aussie tactics come to the fore in Tests and ODIs. Although they won the previous edition of the WT20, they'd swept it under the carpet, seeing as more importance is given to the traditional forms of the game there.

Mid-week is no excuse for a World Cup

Specially when the hone team is playing

T20 just isn't popular in Australia (BBL could have changed that but than CA got greedy) even last year the victory was forgotten after a couple of days! Also, Cricket is like the number one sports during Nov-Dec-Jan (@Parth D) so people do love Cricket but of course aren't crazy like Indians, Pakistani etc. which is probably down to the fact that most subcontinent countries focus on cricket most of the time & or are good in cricket only)

T20 just isn't popular in Australia (BBL could have changed that but than CA got greedy) even last year the victory was forgotten after a couple of days! Also, Cricket is like the number one sports during Nov-Dec-Jan (@Parth D) so people do love Cricket but of course aren't crazy like Indians, Pakistani etc. which is probably down to the fact that most subcontinent countries focus on cricket most of the time & or are good in cricket only)
Iirc hockey was more popular in India or atleat the same level of appeal as cricket in the 90s.

But that is a different thing, you have a reason for not watching the game as its late; people not attending a home game is a little surprising. Understand school next day and all but 25000 attendance is not world cup standard attendance?
25000 would be full or past full at the biggest English grounds. I'd imagine, depending on the prices, we'd struggle to sell 60,000 for a match v Sri Lanka that isn't in London.

Users who are viewing this thread