2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With us almost into the semis, I wouldn't mind tinkering around with the bench to give others some game time. You never know when it may be needed.

So it wouldn't be such a bad idea to put Iyer and Siraj out of the XI and bring in Ash and someone else. Maybe a little break can help these two get things back in order.

I've a strong feeling Pakistan will make it at #4 thereby possibly setting up a Ind-Pak final. Imagine the buzz that would create, not to mention $$$$$

I've a strong feeling Pakistan will make it at #4 thereby possibly setting up a Ind-Pak final.
I share your vision mate. But Shay Jah won't allow PAK to play in Mumbai against IND. I'm sure if PAK progresses, Shay Jah's Nizam will ensure they end up in Ahmedabad vs IND :p

IND just can't lose today. Regardless of any changes to team. Eden gardens is where IND will lose, I feel

I share your vision mate. But Shay Jah won't allow PAK to play in Mumbai against IND. I'm sure if PAK progresses, Shay Jah's Nizam will ensure they end up in Ahmedabad vs IND
Cause of the terror incident on 2008, I understand that they won't be allowed to set foot in the state. The semi, if they reach will be held in Kolkata.

Last edited:
Maxwell out because of concussion & now Bison (Marsh) heads home for personal reasons - hopefully everything is okay! Nesar (not in the WC) left the shield game midway due to some emergency last round (thankfully everything was fine & he came back) not a good week for the boys!

Last edited:
However, what I don't get is how Ahsan Raza was allowed to umpires yesterday's game in Pune, when no Pakistani is allowed in the state? Or was that an oversight?
Because of typical hypocrisy, of course.

Oh dear, Kusal Mendis chooses to bowl! India will get off to a flyer!

Same XI for India- make or break for Iyer and Siraj!

Marsh is not fighting Lasagna for the same spot!
When Head came in most people thought he'd replace Labuschagne right? Even though they dropped Stoinis, I had the feeling Stoinis would come in for Labuschagne next game. Now because Marsh isn't there Labuschagne and Stoinis fit in the same XI

Marsh is not fighting Lasagna for the same spot!

Not the same spot but in the absence of other available alternatives (hello fifteen man squads) he has to stay in surely?

Rohit, Iyer, SKY, Bumrah- home games for these guys. Bumrah- from MI days. On a flat wicket- expect India to rake up somewhere close to 400 today. I'd be surprised if we score anything less than that.

Not the same spot but in the absence of other available alternatives (hello fifteen man squads) he has to stay in surely?
I don't think he was getting dropped anyways. Stoinis, Green & Carey aren't scoring runs but if they want to drop Marnus, it should be for Green (let the man bat in the top 5)

Last edited:
@icyman mate, I think Ahsan Raza situation is probably not that bigger deal. It was pune and not Mumbai. Same state but I feel ban on Pakistani's is somewhat strictly related to Mumbai and Delhi only. And I'm sure he won't officiate at none of those venues.

@icyman mate, I think Ahsan Raza situation is probably not that bigger deal. It was pune and not Mumbai. Same state but I feel ban on Pakistani's is somewhat strictly related to Mumbai and Delhi only. And I'm sure he won't officiate at none of those venues.
Mate, Ahsan Raza did umpire the SA game at Mumbai (24th Oct)as well!

Users who are viewing this thread