2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rohit, Iyer, SKY, Bumrah- home games for these guys. Bumrah- from MI days. On a flat wicket- expect India to rake up somewhere close to 400 today. I'd be surprised if we score anything less than that.
Mutual feelings.. 400 is still a bit of much as I don't expect hitman emulating 264 again. But really weired SL chose to bowl. May be wanna ploy over the fact with IND's not so great batting first showdown so far in WC
Post automatically merged:

Mate, Ahsan Raza did umpire the SA game at Mumbai (24th Oct)as well!
Oh dear.. sure? Then it's pure hypocrisy mate... absolute "tamacha" on those who lost dear 'uns in the terror attack

Mutual feelings.. 400 is still a bit of much as I don't expect hitman emulating 264 again. But really weired SL chose to bowl. May be wanna ploy over the fact with IND's not so great batting first showdown so far in WC
Not a 264,but expect a big one from one of the Mumbai batsmen. SRL chasing could be on account of the Asia Cup debacle? Horrors of the past? Or even the fact that they want to bury the 2011 memories of this ground?

I am sorry- but did you lose anyone in that terror attack? Obviously not!

Dont think you have a right to call out hypocrisy here. People like me and many other were stuck in various parts of Mumbai not knowing what was going to happen. Coming to the game, if Pakistan cannot play in the state of Maharashtra, if their actors cannot act in Bollywood, the logical question be asked is why Ahsan Raza was allowed to set foot in the state which has not welcomed any Pakistanis?
Everyone has a right to call the hypocrisy.

they want to bury the 2011 memories of this ground?
No no. Not this one mate! No one carries over glory or agony for 12 years and beyond! It's only a PAKISTANI thing :p

No no. Not this one mate! No one carries over glory or agony for 12 years and beyond! It's only a PAKISTANI thing :p
Guess I need to stop watching A-Sports post match catch ups :grinning:

But honestly, I feel A-Sports does a good job with the 4 ex-Pak captains. Star Sports is absolute cringe, whether you look at English or Hindi.

Rohit gone-is this the game we are dropping en-route to the semis?
Easy! I'm glad Rohit's bad day came today. Won't mind a bad day rather than in finals mind you :p

As bad as it sounds, IND playing with 5 players, who'sconstantly performing. I'd gladly watch what remaining 6 does to justify their place

Easy! I'm glad Rohit's bad day came today. Won't mind a bad day rather than in finals mind you :p

As bad as it sounds, IND playing with 5 players, who'sconstantly performing. I'd gladly watch what remaining 6 does to justify their place

Could be an Iyer-a-thon today!

Madushanka has been a revelation this tournament.

Indeed he has been. I have quite liked their make up in the tournament. Haven't threatened anyone to a large extent, however, I expect once a few more players are back, they might be a team that could challenge some of the others on a regular basis.

Indian batsmen seem very unconfident against this quality opening from Sri Lanka. Perfect lines, they seem to have done their homework well. SA is going to be challenging for us, no matter we bats first/ bowl first.

SL Fielding is a big step up. Evident that they're not willing to risk CT25 spot and 50 all-out is still haunting them. Gill got lucky

Could be an Iyer-a-thon today!

Indeed he has been. I have quite liked their make up in the tournament. Haven't threatened anyone to a large extent, however, I expect once a few more players are back, they might be a team that could challenge some of the others on a regular basis.

I’ve always said that the one thing they’ve lacked the most is a consistent accumulator at the top who can get reliable runs while everyone else bats around him. Even Someone like Hope before he became more dynamic would have been very useful.

Chameera is the last person I’d want diving around out there with his fitness record.

I am sorry- but did you lose anyone in that terror attack? Obviously not!

Dont think you have a right to call out hypocrisy here. People like me and many other were stuck in various parts of Mumbai not knowing what was going to happen. Coming to the game, if Pakistan cannot play in the state of Maharashtra, if their actors cannot act in Bollywood, the logical question be asked is why Ahsan Raza was allowed to set foot in the state which has not welcomed any Pakistanis?
No need to get emotional, because you just repeated my point for me. And i have lost people close to me in terror attacks, so don’t try to act morally superior.
Why was an exception made for Ahsan Raza if it’s such a big deal? I remember Aleem Dar umpiring in that Wankhede ODI in 2015 when SA smashed 400+ too. That’s the hypocrisy. You invoke terror attacks to punish people who have nothing to do with them, but when it’s convenient, you forget all about them.
If there is all this hue and cry about holding athletes and artists responsible for everything, why are exceptions repeatedly made for the BCCI to fill its coffers? You forgot about the terror attacks when it was time to fill the Modi Stadium, have singing and dancing to celebrate India vs Pakistan, and sell tons of ads?

Users who are viewing this thread