2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So apparently Kohli told the umpire that it wasn’t byes because there was bat on it, and the umpire reversed his judgement. Replays showed that the umpire was right to give it byes in the first place.

BCCI = ICC = KOHLI confirmed?

This match giving me Nagpur 2011 vibes completely. Feel we will struggle in the Final 10 just as we had back then.

Best of 3 finals is not a bad idea actually. It is better then playoff-eliminator thing.
It sounds like we are cry babies, tbh! No other sport has a Best of 3 Finals to decide the World Champion.

The element of sudden death, knockout is essential towards maintenance of public interest. Else, it will just keep getting longer and longer.
Post automatically merged:

C’mon Kohli, make the umpire signal a six with something.
He won't get to his ton today!

Last edited:
Was meant to post this before the game yesterday, but got distracted...

Just add fuel to fire of the Australia vs England match I thought I'd bring my best combined XI to you. This is based on what I'd pick at any stage of the year, not based off this world cup.

1. David Warner
2. Travis Head
3. Mitchell Marsh
4. Joe Root
5. Jos Buttler (c) (wk)
6. Harry Brook
7. Glenn Maxwell
8. Chris Woakes
9. Pat Cummins
10. Adam Zampa
11. Josh Hazlewood

Im picking Brook over Stokes since he'll probably go back into retirement after the awful display they've had this tournament.

7 Aussies, 4 Englishman, and Joe would take their XI over ours every time... yikes.

If South Africa do manage to do the unlikely and chase this, these deliberate singles at the death will be a big reason why

Feels like the team talk was: This game doesn't matter, it's Virat's birthday he can just take as long as he wants to score 100
Look at this washing machine of a pitch mate... IND already have enough in the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread