2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If its Australia in the final mate my original prediction which was the first ever prediction in the thread might just come true.

Yeah India are playing well but its Australia the team made for the 50 overs World Cup they know how to win it in clutch situation.
This Indian team is too good for the Aussies
Tbh he was correct?

I think the pitch played better in the 2nd innings. The pitch talk was stupid especially since it was within the rules?
While the pitch was good, it’s still not within the rules for the Indian management to decide which pitch to play on, come on. There can be a nuanced take here.

While the pitch was good, it’s still not within the rules for the Indian management to decide which pitch to play on, come on. There can be a nuanced take here.
I am sure I read an article earlier in the day about the hosts being able to do that and it be well within the rules.

I am sure I read an article earlier in the day about the hosts being able to do that and it be well within the rules.
No, the hosts aren’t allowed to do that. The leaked email of the ICC's pitches coordinator says that clearly. Otherwise how can it be an ICC event?
The groundsman can be consulted, of course

Always been a fan. He's always been quietly brilliant. But the tournament he's had is probably the best performance by a bowler in any World Cup.

Starc 2015 still is my number one but Shami could easily change it with a killer performance in the final.

India 2023 is hands down the best team since Australia 03/07!

Continuing on with the 2015 references, I’d put the 2015 Aussie team up there. The only thing they lacked was a quality spinner but they were quite stacked in other departments.

To be fair, he made some honest and excellent DRS calls

He’s been on point with them for a while now (for the most part). His keeping has also been very good barring the odd gaffe.

Calling him a part-timer feels insulting at this point.

He’s been on point with them for a while now (for the most part). His keeping has also been very good barring the odd gaffe.

Calling him a part-timer feels insulting at this point.
Part time Batsman

Nobody is bigger critic of KL than me but he has been tremendous and a backbone for this team this world cup. Phenomenal behind the wicket and great with batting.

He actually gives me confidence when he is in the XI in that middle order. This team has been solid and has exceeded all my expectations after the win tonight. Great job and some great captaincy today by Rohit.

We just need to fix 1-2 things like making sure we dont repeat mistakes of extras and dropped catches. Remember catches always win you matches.

Nobody is bigger critic of KL than me but he has been tremendous and a backbone for this team this world cup. Phenomenal behind the wicket and great with batting.

He actually gives me confidence when he is in the XI in that middle order. This team has been solid and has exceeded all my expectations after the win tonight. Great job and some great captaincy today by Rohit.

We just need to fix 1-2 things like making sure we dont repeat mistakes of extras and dropped catches. Remember catches always win you matches.

Getting a minor scare like this in the semis does give them a point to look at on how to manage the pressure of expectations in the final when things don’t go your way.

And I believe this knock and overall performance from Kohli in this tournament puts him up for the claim of ‘greatest ODI batter’ of all-time without having to share the spot with someone else. If he does something special in the final then it may well be confirmed.

Users who are viewing this thread