2024 Pakistan Super League - General Discussions

Which team do You support?

• Total voters
The mindset is just to hit boundaries. The irony is with that kind of Aggressive top-order and mindset, you are fortunate in getting the best pinch hitter who used to play at no. 7 or 8. :/

Anyways, counting on LQs to give a close game with the ball...

Nawaz you demon!

I feel for Fawad Rana
QG dominating right now

Not very impressed with the standards in PSL. Some of the local talent on display in terms of fast bowling is envious.

I like that the bowlers are dominating. I find low scoring thrillers better than high scoring ones. But i hope we see better performances with the bat through the tournament.
So far, Multan and Karachi seem ahead of the pack, but it's still early days.

I watched my first PSL match today. In terms of atmosphere to be very honest it was dead. It seemed like a county first class game being played. There was absolutely no crowd. I am not sure for the reason but definitely it lacked the atmosphere of a T20 game where internationals are playing along with high profile Pakistan players. Is there a particular reason guys that I am missing?

I watched my first PSL match today. In terms of atmosphere to be very honest it was dead. It seemed like a county first class game being played. There was absolutely no crowd. I am not sure for the reason but definitely it lacked the atmosphere of a T20 game where internationals are playing along with high profile Pakistan players. Is there a particular reason guys that I am missing?
  • It is in Dubai Stadium, which is outside residential areas. Sharjah is located inside the city, so there is usually more crowd even on weekdays
  • This game was on a weekday. Weekends in the UAE consist of one day, Friday, and on that day there is a lot of crowd
  • Most Pakistani immigrants in the UAE are labour class, who can't afford to watch a match on a weekday. Only wealthy people can
  • At the end of the day, the aim of this league is to improve our standards and get cricket back to Pakistan, and in my personal opinion, crowds are nice to have, but not the most important thing in this phase of the league's development
Just my two cents :)

• It is in Dubai Stadium, which is outside residential areas. Sharjah is located inside the city, so there is usually more crowd even on weekdays
  • This game was on a weekday. Weekends in the UAE consist of one day, Friday, and on that day there is a lot of crowd
  • Most Pakistani immigrants in the UAE are labour class, who can't afford to watch a match on a weekday. Only wealthy people can
  • At the end of the day, the aim of this league is to improve our standards and get cricket back to Pakistan, and in my personal opinion, crowds are nice to have, but not the most important thing in this phase of the league's development
Just my two cents :)
Crowds are nice to have but are equally important. What is the point of playing in the empty stadiums? If there is only one day Friday as weekend, PSL authorities should conduct three matches that day with all 6 teams playing. I do not understand "Leagues Development" argument. League will develop and eventually cricket will be back to Pakistan but in order for the league to develop you need to have people coming in. If Dubai Stadium does not attract crowd do not have matches there. Two matches happen in a day so Sharjah can very well hold those two matches back to back.

Crowds are nice to have but are equally important. What is the point of playing in the empty stadiums? If there is only one day Friday as weekend, PSL authorities should conduct three matches that day with all 6 teams playing. I do not understand "Leagues Development" argument. League will develop and eventually cricket will be back to Pakistan but in order for the league to develop you need to have people coming in. If Dubai Stadium does not attract crowd do not have matches there. Two matches happen in a day so Sharjah can very well hold those two matches back to back.
I agree with most of what you said. But having the whole tournament in Sharjah is something they probably don't wanna consider, i don't know why.

Poor Fawad Rana :noway
Qalandars need to find a Malik type batsman in the middle order who can steady the ship

Users who are viewing this thread