22 Yards - The Battleground (PC/XBOX 360) - Some Eye Candies in the Thread

So far, what do you feel about this game?

• Total voters

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So @ DV - you dont need a programmed script or you need just an algorithm sort. I am a computer eng student I can help with non coding algo like what to do and what not. I am not doing coding as I am not so sure about which language and all

----------

also @ L-S if you dont mind can you send me what have you done so that I can have an outlook of what you are making so that I can help in too

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
So @ DV - you dont need a programmed script or you need just an algorithm sort. I am a computer eng student I can help with non coding algo like what to do and what not. I am not doing coding as I am not so sure about which language and all

----------

also @ L-S if you dont mind can you send me what have you done so that I can have an outlook of what you are making so that I can help in too

i dont mind rahul, but for now i will have to work with vicky on this, for now coz he is the one who got me in to the team as well,

i am sure he would like to get you on the team as well with ur computer know how !! then we all can start working on making the best ever cricket game :thumbs

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Dear my friend Vicky

I think I have some bad news for you about the gameplay script I am writing for 22yard battleground. I have continued writing the main game play script after getting your approval for my 5% completed script.

For the last 2-3 days I have being working on it from 9pm to 3am every day and its only 7% complete (that’s is almost 40pages of AI batting first in a 20-20 game with given variables) and it was very tiring but I loved working on it.

But the problem is, when ever I post something on this websites forums, I get insulted, personally attacked and humiliated by at lest. 80% of users. I have never insulted anyone other then posted what I think as a crickter about some issue in cricket.

After spending 6 hours in the gym and 6 hours net practicing, I cant be bothered to log in to this and found out people are calling me, stupid, idiot, fool a joke just because they don’t get my point.

And I can’t find motivation to write next 400pages of gameplay script (only for 20-20 batting first) for this same people. I will probably have to write more then 1000pgs of script to cover the full game. (I dint mind that because I wanted to do something special with my cricket knowledge after playing 15years of first class cricket)

But for these people, I don’t think it’s justifiable for me.

Its up to you to make your mind up about doing this project for this same people. But I think your trying to do a wonderful thing for this beautiful game.

As for me I think I would stop coming to this website, it’s just not worth it after a very hard working day in the field.

Even the admin is this do nothing about such personal attacks as long as the attackers are supporting their viewpoint

Sorry brother I really am

:(

Last edited:

das_vicky

International Cricketer
I believe I have always been king to each and everyone..If you think you need some private space, I can arrange some private forum in another site. But I would also like o tell that that humanely its not possible to create an AI with that much of complexity. Even with 200-300 people working for 8 hrs a day it may take 10-15 years to write a completely self learning heuristic based AI. But what we can do is taken the 10-12 most important factors and build a self learning AI. But I don't think that would require 400 pg script. Treat the computer program as 5 yr child. So if you can explain the script to a 5 yr child, then it means this script is programmable.

I would also like to tell that you are a cricket player so you are so concerned about the details. Majority of our gamers have only played in schools etc..so its a fun game for them. So our game has to strike the balance between realism and fun. If we make game so complex, then we may end up selling 10 copies ( to 10 test playing nations for training).

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Dear my friend Vicky

I think I have some bad news for you about the gameplay script I am writing for 22yard battleground. I have continued writing the main game play script after getting your approval for my 5% completed script.

For the last 2-3 days I have being working on it from 9pm to 3am every day and its only 7% complete (that?s is almost 40pages of AI batting first in a 20-20 game with given variables) and it was very tiring but I loved working on it.

But the problem is, when ever I post something on this websites forums, I get insulted, personally attacked and humiliated by at lest. 80% of users. I have never insulted anyone other then posted what I think as a crickter about some issue in cricket.

After spending 6 hours in the gym and 6 hours net practicing, I cant be bothered to log in to this and found out people are calling me, stupid, idiot, fool a joke just because they don?t get my point.

And I can?t find motivation to write next 400pages of gameplay script (only for 20-20 batting first) for this same people. I will probably have to write more then 1000pgs of script to cover the full game. (I dint mind that because I wanted to do something special with my cricket knowledge after playing 15years of first class cricket)

But for these people, I don?t think it?s justifiable for me.

Its up to you to make your mind up about doing this project for this same people. But I think your trying to do a wonderful thing for this beautiful game.

As for me I think I would stop coming to this website, it?s just not worth it after a very hard working day in the field.

Even the admin is this do nothing about such personal attacks as long as the attackers are supporting their viewpoint

Sad to hear this!! But some of your comments were unacceptable also, it's irritating to hear. I gained respect for you when you knew a bit of programming plus cricket.

I mentioned you when we fought. But anyways others did not understand. It was what you did and it's what you got. :cheers

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Have a nice vacation..
17 APR 2011

Hello All, as we had hinted earlier, Das would be on vacation from 17th April to 24th April and 4th May to 9th May. Similarly Anand has his exams from 30th May onwards. So you can expect low activity from these guys during these respective periods. But it means at any point at least two people will be working.

So how is this going to affect the development cycle. The effect is NONE. Yes, it is none, because these holidays were accounted for while deciding on the deadlines etc. As mentioned earlier the foundation for scene manager is laid. Its in a working condition now. Yes of course there may be things that needs to be added to it in future, but its good as of now. Our next official meeting is on 1st May, by then I will be able to close Task C1 (Scene Manager) and Anand and Pradeep should be closing B2 and B3 ( Storyline, screen looks). That leaves us with tasks B4, C2-c4, T0-T4 and 8 months.

So even after 20 days of development everything looks smooth and on track.

–Core Team

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
I believe I have always been king to each and everyone..If you think you need some private space, I can arrange some private forum in another site. But I would also like o tell that that humanely its not possible to create an AI with that much of complexity. Even with 200-300 people working for 8 hrs a day it may take 10-15 years to write a completely self learning heuristic based AI. But what we can do is taken the 10-12 most important factors and build a self learning AI. But I don't think that would require 400 pg script. Treat the computer program as 5 yr child. So if you can explain the script to a 5 yr child, then it means this script is programmable.

I would also like to tell that you are a cricket player so you are so concerned about the details. Majority of our gamers have only played in schools etc..so its a fun game for them. So our game has to strike the balance between realism and fun. If we make game so complex, then we may end up selling 10 copies ( to 10 test playing nations for training).

Yes Vicky

I actually understand that it is probably impossible to create, such an AI which would act as a human brain playing a complicated game like cricket. But my point is, if you are tired of all the games with stupid cricket AI’s (which have long off and long on back in a start of a test match, which keeps seven fielders inside the 30yards in 30th over then the batsman is batting on 60) you have to do, what ever it takes to fix the problem, or atlest try.
And the reason my scripts was getting longer was I wanted it to be so detailed, so that, like you said even a 5 year old kid could understand.

Example – the method of AI evaluating appositions bowling strength in order to have a hypothetical target before batting. (I think I have explain the method so in detail, so that even a 5yr old can understand)

But even if I do all this, I don’t expect 100% of it in the game, I don’t think that’s possible even with technology and resources you have. But even if you could get 30%. It would have being a better game then any game in the market now by far, don’t you think.

I just wanted to do this because, I personally think my playing days are almost over and I wanted to experience my beautiful game in some way!!!

Anyway, when people here call me names, and insult me for the way I see things in cricket is just sad!! Just cant find the motivation to do all this.

----------

Sad to hear this!! But some of your comments were unacceptable also, it's irritating to hear. I gained respect for you when you knew a bit of programming plus cricket.

I mentioned you when we fought. But anyways others did not understand. It was what you did and it's what you got. :cheers

And for you my friend, people are different from each other and every one has their own way of thinking, if we were to think the same, whats the point of talking even!!!! I don’t expect people to agree with what I say, its just my view and any one can have their own as well, but I don’t expect them to insult me or call me names for the way I think about something in cricket. Have you ever seen me calling people names and insulting them personally without facts.. I just don’t do that, I don’t see any gain from such useless activity., even when you called me a fool and wished that I would die, did I say anything of the same to you! Think ….. when people calls me a fool, stupid I have called them a friend, mate, dude… you can check all my posts one by one even …..

So finally my friend, I have not got from you guys; what I have being giving you !!!
Its ok I don’t hate any one … keep loving the game …

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
2 words!!

Move On

Params7

International Cricketer
Dear my friend Vicky

For the last 2-3 days I have being working on it from 9pm to 3am every day and its only 7% complete (that?s is almost 40pages of AI batting first in a 20-20 game with given variables) and it was very tiring but I loved working on it.

After spending 6 hours in the gym and 6 hours net practicing, I cant be bothered to log in to this and found out people are calling me, stupid, idiot, fool a joke just because they don?t get my point.

And I can?t find motivation to write next 400pages of gameplay script (only for 20-20 batting first) for this same people. I will probably have to write more then 1000pgs of script to cover the full game. (I dint mind that because I wanted to do something special with my cricket knowledge after playing 15years of first class cricket)

But for these people, I don?t think it?s justifiable for me.

As for me I think I would stop coming to this website, it?s just not worth it after a very hard working day in the field.

That's a stupid reason to stop programming. You should know even professional devs don't really communicate with the community on forums like that since they know people are never satisfied. Even if EA sports came to this forum they'll be cussed and insulted like hell, lol. Hopefully you find the motivation to continue since you've already put in so much work.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
That's a stupid reason to stop programming. You should know even professional devs don't really communicate with the community on forums like that since they know people are never satisfied. Even if EA sports came to this forum they'll be cussed and insulted like hell, lol. Hopefully you find the motivation to continue since you've already put in so much work.

i get your point mate, it was just a very bad day for me..... now work is going on ... :cheers

Near

Club Cricketer
i get your point mate, it was just a very bad day for me..... now work is going on ... :cheers

That's good to know. And if people call you names such as stupids, fools and such I don't think you should take them seriously given that they are in a friendly manner. And if I ever called you stupid or such please don't take them seriously, I just thought it would be okay to use them in a friendly way. And the thing you are doing is very good as you are using your cricketing knowledge in programming a realistic AI. You have my full support :cheers

das_vicky

International Cricketer
M back from vacation. Taking rest Will be back on heels starting tomorrow.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Prelude to next meeting – 1st May
28 APR 2011

Hello All,

Das is back from his first vacation. Yeah first, because he is going on vacation again from 5th May to 9th May. So that means Das has more than 1 week and half to program lot of things and thats exactly what he is doing. He has laid out the basic Scene Engine and closed that task. He has now moved to the next task (C2) of Finalizing the structure of Player Stats and Team. So basically he is finalizing the structure of the Player and Team Database. As you might imagine, it should not take very long. So its quite expected that Das completes C2 and Jumps to next Programming/Developing Tasks.

In the meanwhile, the Storyline is progressing and we are expecting it to be complete before 1st May. Our initial idea was to design the complete menu system, screens etc simultaneously, but we thought that would mean that the look and feel of the POC release would look exactly same as final release, which also means there would be no “Surprise”. So we have thought, we would document everything and implement the very basics so that the final look and feel is implemented right at the beta stage. So we are trying to tie everything up as a boilerplate fashion so that we can add, modify the final looks whenever needed. Remember that the whole developement is also focussed on allowing as much customization as possible.

After the storyline is complete, the first set of 3D model creation would start. It was anyways part of POC release, but we are starting it way earlier, which is actually good news.

Stay tuned for more news post the 1st May meeting.

-Core Team

das_vicky

International Cricketer
02MAY2011

Hello All,

We continue to bring all relevant (and sometimes) irrelevant updates as we promised. This Month’s meeting that was supposed to happen on 8th May was shifted to 1st May as Das is on vacation from 4th May to 10th May. All our core members joined in the meeting where we discussed only the current status of the development so far.

We am proud to say that our Development is absolutely on track and we are making terrific progress. Though we are not mentioning the task numbers but all the tasks we had undertaken with Internal Deadline of 1st May has been completed by 1st May. We are now working on the biggest thing for the POC release – the 2D gameplay screen. As we had mentioned earlier this game is a combination of 2D and 3D game, so in order to achieve 40% feature complete in 2D for POC, we have started working on 2D Gameplay screen. Ofcourse there are some cool features regarding the 2D and 3D gameplay, but we have decided we won’t be bragging about it till we implement it in the Alpha release Time frame.

For this complete implementation of 2D gameplay screen, there are other things that needs to be done as well
1) Workable Implementation of Match Class
2) Workable Implementation of Tournament Class
3) Workable Implementation of Player Class
4) Workable implementation of AutoPlayEngine
5) Database of atleast 3 International Teams with 20 players each.
6) Game scenes like – Tounament Selection/Match Selection, Team Selection etc… leading to the 2D Game play screen.
7) Placeholder Textures for each of the Game Scenes
Creating and Fine tuning some Subtle animations

So all of these will be done simulateously. This game has already started taking shape, though the Textures, backgound etc…that we are using are for Dev purposes only, so that we can position game elements appropriately. The looks of the game would not be final look till Beta release but the feel would be. In about two months from now, we am certain, we should be able to release some teaser videos with 2D gameplay in action

–Core Team

Users who are viewing this thread