22 Yards - The Battleground (PC/XBOX 360) - Some Eye Candies in the Thread

So far, what do you feel about this game?

• Total voters

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Phase B0, B1,C0 complete, Branching changes and other updates!

Hello All, During this first 15 days of development, We realized, we cannot afford to compromise any quality/feature of this game. Das may not be the Best Developer on Planet, but him being the architect of this game, its he who has to build from scratch each piece and put them together. So we guess, till he builds each piece and till he puts atleast 50% together, it may not be a good idea to involve too many programmers. So Das along with 2 Backup programmers, have to build everything till POC release, with Das taking as much as 90% of the overall development activity(Coding/Architecting) . Only after the POC phase, when the game starts taking its real shape, it would make sense to involve other programmers if they(programmers) are willing to help. So since Das is managing almost alll of 2D, 3D and core coding, we have consolidated 2D, 3D and Core branches into 1 branch. This would change in future as we get more developers.

So whats with this B0,B1, C0. Das have been very confident of the capability of XNA engine and hence he choose this. This game may well be the biggest game (in terms of scale) using XNA. At the same time his intention is not to stop with V1 version of this game. So to ensure we are able to effectively continue on future versions, Das would have to build an engine on top of XNA. This engine is built specifically for Cricket games. So for future cricket games, we dont have to change the programming interface, but the implementation ( a very simple OO methodological approach). So this development of POC combined with the Engine Development is further broken into 15 + 3 phases (15 Core Planning/Development phases and 3 Testing phases)

B0-B5 (Basic 0-5)
C0-C5 (Core 0-5)
T0-T5 (Target 0-5)

So once b4,c4, T4 is over it would mean POC Development phase is over. And once B5, C5, T5 is over, it means POC is ready for release. So this post's title simply means B0, B1, C0 phase for the Game Development is complete. Some of these phases can be very short and some may be longer and some are done parallely. Which means at this point POC release on 31st Dec looks 99.99% possible (which already has 45 days of Buffer period).

Pradeep on the other side is working and on verge of completing the Storyboard. Once that is done along with final blueprints for each screen, it would mean majority of B2, B3, B4 gettting over. So thankfully due to this extravagant planning, there is lot more predictability.

--Core Team

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Official Meeting–10th April

Hello All, our quest to continue development and continue updating you continues. To add to the effort the Core team had decided a compulsory meeting every month and we had locked down on 2nd Sunday every month. Of course we are flexible and if any member is not present on 2nd Sunday, we can postpone accordingly.

The prime agenda of every meeting is

* The Project Architect conveys any new developments in the overall project. Like inclusion of new features.

* Project related discussions, that consists of (but not limited to) Progress, Roadblocks, setting internal targets for development etc…

* Updates on Workforce.

Yesterday we had our first meeting. Started at 11:30 am IST and lasted for about an hour…pretty long huh!! There were some Project updates which I conveyed to other members. I was also able to finally divide each Dev/Artist task into the various stages (B0-B4, C0-C4, T0-T4). This means three things, we know what we have to do in each task, the relevant person can own the task completely and work independently and estimate how long each task will take. This would also mean we can predict the release dates and bring sanity to the overall development process.

I just undertook Task C1 (Implementing a Scene Manager). Pradeep took task B2, B3 and is expecting the final version of those tasks by 8th May. So by the next meeting (8th May) we are expecting to complete C1, C2, B2, B3. This means by start of 2nd Week of May, we would be left with B4, C3, C4, T1, T2, T3, T4 tasks. Please note this includes the leave I am taking from 17th – 24th April and 4th – 9th May. So this leave is definitely not going to affect the initial decided date of POC showdown.

Some may think that these information is useless, but the fact remains that these foundation stones are the most important to the success of this project. Towards the end of this first cycle of POC showdown, we promise to bring some 2D eye candy. Remember POC means 40% 2D feature complete and 10% 3D feature complete.

–Core Team

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Many might think its useless only when they understand zero of your conversation but who are more familer with technical thing will understand good

das_vicky

International Cricketer
by the way vicky, how long would you think, us to start working on the game play ?

eprox i mean

If everything goes as per plan, then it should start around end of Sept and would continue along with all other developments. So it would be a parallel process.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
If everything goes as per plan, then it should start around end of Sept and would continue along with all other developments. So it would be a parallel process.

good, I am also making scripts about, how would AI realistically act in given match situations, so that it will be easy for us to develop the AI (hopefully)

I don?t know if this is also possible but I personally think we should have 3 different AIs for test matches , 50-50, 20-20 cricket?

I know its lot of work

das_vicky

International Cricketer
good, I am also making scripts about, how would AI realistically act in given match situations, so that it will be easy for us to develop the AI (hopefully)

I don?t know if this is also possible but I personally think we should have 3 different AIs for test matches , 50-50, 20-20 cricket?

I know its lot of work

That would be awesome...if you can prepare a written script, it would be easily to follow. basically I am looking for a template where we can fit any match position and Fields would be generated. Once you finish that you can send it to [email protected] so that I can review it

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
That would be awesome...if you can prepare a written script, it would be easily to follow. basically I am looking for a template where we can fit any match position and Fields would be generated. Once you finish that you can send it to [email protected] so that I can review it

Ok Vicky I am on it, but the problem is there are so many variables which effects in taking actions on the field,

Like are you playing a test match, 20-20, 50-50, are you batting first ? or are you chasing. What is the wicket like, what kind of bowlers the other team have with them, if you are batting first what will be a good score in the wicket your playing in, is it going to rain at any stage, I can go on and on ?..

So let me make it simple.

I will write a prefect AI script, who have won the toss and elected to bat on a normal batting wicket, there is no chance of rain, and the other team is playing 2 fast bowlers 2 spinners ( off and leg) and 2 part time bowlers ( fast and left arm spin)

I will give you fields, tactics, even secondary plan for the batting team if they loss wickets or if they cant get sufficient runs!!

Mate this will take time (give me 3 weeks) its holydays in sri lanka and I don?t am not playing much this season so I think il have 2-3hrs to work on this every day hopefully

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer

Ok mate now I am emailing you 5% of the total script for AI batting first only. You will see how complicated this 5% is., I didn?t do this just today; infect I have being working on this for last 3 days.

Just check it and let me know if this is what you?re looking for
Is it practical for computer programming (this is only 5% of 20-20 AI setting a target only)
Just give me some feedback before I get to work on the next 95%

Man this will blow my brain, playing cricket is much easy I got to say

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Really LS?

Are you a programmer?

I am shocked and gained respect a bit though for you :spy

Hats off buddy

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Yeah I understand about the complexity. My initial Player profile has so many ingame variables...Anyways we have to do a tradeoff of what factors to include and what not. So basically what I am looking from u is a basic algorithm for the AI, if u can present me a crude algorithm, i can refine it . But let me go through the email u sent, I will update you tomorrw.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Really LS?

Are you a programmer?

I am shocked and gained respect a bit though for you :spy

Hats off buddy

no am not a programmer? never had time to learn all that with cricket mate, but i am trying to work with some good programmers like Vicky here to give you guys the most realistic game play for a cricket game

----------

Yeah I understand about the complexity. My initial Player profile has so many ingame variables...Anyways we have to do a tradeoff of what factors to include and what not. So basically what I am looking from u is a basic algorithm for the AI, if u can present me a crude algorithm, i can refine it . But let me go through the email u sent, I will update you tomorrw.

yes vicky ple do that, we can make things simple, but then a gain cricket is not a simple game, so lets try our best and see :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread