22 Yards - The Battleground (PC/XBOX 360) - Some Eye Candies in the Thread

So far, what do you feel about this game?

• Total voters

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Whatever you write I don't understand half as I am not much into it. Anyways all sounds nice and its good to see the progress and effort you and your team in putting

Hitterman

International Coach
@Rahulkhush: please feel free to ask us about the terms if you are not able to get it. We can explain in detail :.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
@Rahulkhush: please feel free to ask us about the terms if you are not able to get it. We can explain in detail :.

I meant, that what Das_Vicky writes is full technical. Somethings are understood and some not :p

I am happy that whether we understand or not, it seems you all are making good progress. :cheers

das_vicky

International Cricketer
who are the people working on this game ?

Myself, Hitterman and Pradeep

----------

I meant, that what Das_Vicky writes is full technical. Somethings are understood and some not :p

I am happy that whether we understand or not, it seems you all are making good progress. :cheers

Sorry about that. At this point of core development, as a developer, I can only provide technical updates. After couple of months, you would be hearing more relevant updates like (Controls selection discussion etc..)

das_vicky

International Cricketer
14 MAY 2011

What the hell is going on? Are we back to being ignorant, being less focussed? The answer to this is ABSOLUTELY NOT. We have got multiple feedbacks that most users do not understand ( read as not interested) in too much Technicalities of the process or the game itself. So we thought of posting limited updates for some time and see how it goes.

As of now, work is progressing smoothly. In this whole week, Das has implemented some “Behind the scenes” stuff for Team Selection Scene, Playing11Selection Scene, Toss Scene and 2D gameplay scene. With these background stuff in place, now Das would work (along with Pradeep and Anand) on giving the 2DGameplay Scene its meat (its content). We are hoping we should be on verge of completing 70% of 2D Gameplay Scene by end of June, considering that staring first week of June Anand would be available to work on this too. That would be a significant milestone for our Development cycle because that would mean, we can squeeze in lot more stuff in POC release.

So things continue to look very good… for us, for you!!

das_vicky

International Cricketer
23 MAY 2011

Hello All, Continuing with this new trend of updating once every 10 days(instead of every 2-3 days), here comes the update. Also please pardon me as me being a developer and doing the development work, I can only think of “updates” from a developer point of view.

So what have we done since the last blog? I would say a hell lot. Lots of code being written, lot of work done by Pradeep on creating 3D models. He has ensured to deliver great work with the minimum turnaround time. But wait…we were working on 2D gameplay screen right? Right, but without subtle 3D elements, the feel wouldn’t be nice. We have some gentle yet pleasing transitions during 2D game play. We have also spent almost 4 days planning out 1 specific model for the screen which is a key model in the 2D screen. We have discussed a lot about the Usability and accessibility of buttons and screens, so hopefully the results should show up when game releases

Now this game is also not built as a standalone game. Its being built on top of a game engine which is being built on top of XNA framework. So think of Game as a house. To build it, we need Doors, Bricks Wood panels etc.. We are also building the Doors, Bricks, Wood panels (read as game engine components).

During this 10 days, we wrote the basic HLSL code too, because our game would be using some cool effects, which is not possible without HLSL. Now in due course we would be improving on this HLSL code and adding lot more. We had always mentioned about easing out modifiability in the game, so some basic structures were built with that in mind.

With a lot more background code in place(the code that handles all processing etc..) and rate at which the weight of Foreground code(the code that makes things display, animate on screen) is increasing, I would dare say – we are extremely happy with the development progress.

appu2146

Associate Cricketer
Comeback to PC

Hi guys,

First of all i like to say that the game is shaping up very good and you all going to love this. As das said it is in core development stage so we can only give some technical updates. but watch this space guys..:eek:

And for me its a great learning curve. I should thank das for that.. Thank you my BOSS..

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Can you show sometihng? Like some graphics o somethin?g?

appu2146

Associate Cricketer
rahulkhush : Can you show sometihng? Like some graphics o somethin?g?
Right now we can't. Because as we are forming the base. We are development designs which are of Development phase which may or may not present in final release.
So please bare with us and support us. Soon we will be up with something to show you guys.
you can catch the updates on Facebook and follow our development details in our blog.. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread