24/7/06 - NEW TCP VIDEOS BATCH1 - 30MB Web Download

Just watched the videos and I'm very impressed, they make it look like the game is ready to be released. The camera is brilliant aswell, it comes in at just the right time at the right speed, well done!

Farrukh_|$B said:
Damn on bestshare i was getting 11 kb/s and on rapidshare im getting 1.0 MB/s :cool: :p.. gonna watch soon and tell how it is! must be great! :p :happy

EDIT : Just watched it.. 8 seconds of video and 30 mb size :eek: anyway the game looks very very good.. hey but i have a question.. can you make the players a bit smoother.. because they look soo rectangular.. u know.. :p

8 seconds? Are you sure you got all videos lol? There should be 9 videos, much longer than 8 seconds ;)

RabbleRouser said:
Just watched the videos and I'm very impressed, they make it look like the game is ready to be released. The camera is brilliant aswell, it comes in at just the right time at the right speed, well done!

cheers! Yeah I am proud of the camera system...it really feels cool when you're playing...you'll have to take my word for it ;)

Great Stuff , LM , i really liked the spinners bowling action and speed of ball in the air, very realstic, if there would be one thing it was hte fast bowlers action, looks like bowler suddenly stopd before bowling, but overall great stuff.

Paul great video mate.. very good looking stuff man. i must say i am really impressed with spinner action looks so real man.

Finally got the videos downloaded. Here are my thoughts, hope you don't mind my attempt at some constructive criticism ;):

Pros:

-Grass texture looks awesome. The ground looks better than in any game I've seen. Awesome improvement from some of the older screenies.

-Batsman model looks better than ever, and the shots are very realistic.

-Pitch texture is great.

-Crowds look better than ever, and probably don't need much improvement.

-The spinner's action looks very good.

-Camera --->> Everything is brilliant!

Cons:

-The fast bowler's action looks strange.

-It seems that the ball just speeds off to the boundary as soon as it touches the bat.

-The bowler model looks a bit strange. I remember the batsman model being the same way, but you made a slight adjustment and it got much better.

EDIT: Here is the post I am referring to in my last point:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=355730&postcount=432

nightprowler10 said:
Finally got the videos downloaded. Here are my thoughts, hope you don't mind my attempt at some constructive criticism ;):

Pros:

-Grass texture looks awesome. The ground looks better than in any game I've seen. Awesome improvement from some of the older screenies.

-Batsman model looks better than ever, and the shots are very realistic.

-Pitch texture is great.

-Crowds look better than ever, and probably don't need much improvement.

-The spinner's action looks very good.

-Camera --->> Everything is brilliant!

Cons:

-The fast bowler's action looks strange.

-It seems that the ball just speeds off to the boundary as soon as it touches the bat.

-The bowler model looks a bit strange. I remember the batsman model being the same way, but you made a slight adjustment and it got much better.

EDIT: Here is the post I am referring to in my last point:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=355730&postcount=432

some really good comments, Nightprowler....

id like some more info. on the fast bowler thing...what looks wierd about the action?

Also, i'd like to get other people's opinions on the speed of the ball after being struck...personally i think it's fair, but maybe could be slowed down a little...id like to hear from everyone to get an idea of people's thinking on the topic...remember that it is variable as well, depending on how much power you put into it etc. also fast bowlers get hit with more pace on the ball so of course are quick off the bat than spinners...

but this is the kind of good constructive crit that can help me to really improve the game, so good stuff...

Finally, regarding the bowler model, it's actually exactly the same (base) model as the batsman, just different textures and animations...so im not really sure why it may look any different?

regards,

LM

legend_master said:
some really good comments, Nightprowler....

id like some more info. on the fast bowler thing...what looks wierd about the action?
Well, I guess I have no problem with the action itself, just the runup. The bowler's run up looks more like a morning jog in the park. When a bowler normally runs in, he runs as if he is honing in on his target, not moving around much. In the video the bowler is moving all over.

I'm probably being too picky anyway, and I'm sure editing stuff like that is extremely tough, so I'll understand if you don't wanna change this.
legend_master said:
Also, i'd like to get other people's opinions on the speed of the ball after being struck...personally i think it's fair, but maybe could be slowed down a little...id like to hear from everyone to get an idea of people's thinking on the topic...remember that it is variable as well, depending on how much power you put into it etc. also fast bowlers get hit with more pace on the ball so of course are quick off the bat than spinners...

but this is the kind of good constructive crit that can help me to really improve the game, so good stuff...
Actually the one I had a problem with was video #4. The spinner bowls in and as soon as the batsman drives the ball, it takes off towards the boundary as if hit off of a pacer, although it does slow down before crossing over the boundary.
legend_master said:
Finally, regarding the bowler model, it's actually exactly the same (base) model as the batsman, just different textures and animations...so im not really sure why it may look any different?
Well the only thing that really sticks out is the bulge in the back. It seems as if the bowler's shirt is really puffy. If this is also present on the batsman model then it must be just more visible on the bowler.

Hope this all makes it clear. :)

Videos look great LM You can really see how well this game is coming along. I reckon the ball travels a little bit to quickly across the outfield but I guess we can?t really be sure if that's a problem until we see how quick the fielders are. Take Cricket 2005 for example where the ball moves way to quickly for the fielders to catch once it gets through the in field. Fantastic work as always mate.

Thanks, guys, great feedback..

@Nightprowler - cheers, this is really good stuff, i do appreciate it...you explained it much better this time...

yes, the bulge in the back is evident in both models, but seems more exaggerated depending on the animation..not sure how this can be fixed, but i will look into it...

fast bowler's runup can and should be fixed to be faster, i totally agree with you on that one...

as for the speed of the ball across the outfield, ill have to watch video 4 again...can't remember exactly...but i think i agree to some extent...the speed could probably be reduced a bit...the good news is that it's a very simple variable to change...i.e. 2 minute job...the hard part is finding the right balance. The other thing is that the pace is variable too...based on the power bar, the batsman's stats, and the 'chaos' factor...so the same shot wont always go that fast...i have seen shots hit with that much power before...but yeah, certainly not every time....

Users who are viewing this thread