27/7/06 - Full quality video - The Flipper

Wow, that looks great even on low quality. A question about the flipper,,,,,,,, a flipper pitches and straightens, like a leg break that doesn't turn much. This ball seems to turn away.

Also love the Shane Warne action :).

I know you'll probably fix this, but the non-striker has to be behind the popping crease until the bowler is just about in his delivery stride.

The ball is too quick for a spinner, its more like a fast bowler bowling with a spinners runup. Its too quick even for a faster delivery for a spinner. :mad

Drewska said:
I know you'll probably fix this, but the non-striker has to be behind the popping crease until the bowler is just about in his delivery stride.

techically the non stiker can stand anywhere, its just the bowler can run him out. Normally the bowler gives you a gentleman's warning not to back up too far, and after this, you can be run out. Tbh, Ive only ever seen it once in international cricket. I think Chris Gayle gave a gentleman's warning to one of the indian players who were out of the crease on delivery. Its probably not needed to go into this level of detail.

Awesome video, well done. The on-drive, glances and Pietersen slog-sweeps (not to mention all the other features) are absolute class- keep up the good work! :)
EDIT: Err, wrong thread, sorry...:o

Last edited:
Drewska said:
Wow, that looks great even on low quality. A question about the flipper,,,,,,,, a flipper pitches and straightens, like a leg break that doesn't turn much. This ball seems to turn away.

Also love the Shane Warne action :).

this ball does go straight, i can guarantee you...i think you might be getting a parallax error or something...if you draw a straight line from where the ball left his hand through where it bounces you would see it is straight...

Also i believe the non striker can 'back up' and creep forward as much as he wants, but is risky as the bowler could in theory knock his bails off...does anyone know the official rule on this?

re: Warne - yeah, it was modelled on him - well spotted ;)

slade said:
techically the non stiker can stand anywhere, its just the bowler can run him out. Normally the bowler gives you a gentleman's warning not to back up too far, and after this, you can be run out. Tbh, Ive only ever seen it once in international cricket. I think Chris Gayle gave a gentleman's warning to one of the indian players who were out of the crease on delivery. Its probably not needed to go into this level of detail.

Sorry, just saw this...yeah, that's what i thought too...

Satyam000 said:
The ball is too quick for a spinner, its more like a fast bowler bowling with a spinners runup. Its too quick even for a faster delivery for a spinner. :mad

Sorry but i disagree...i think the speed is just about right...

legend_master said:
Also i believe the non striker can 'back up' and creep forward as much as he wants, but is risky as the bowler could in theory knock his bails off...does anyone know the official rule on this?

Well, the bowler cant run-out a batsman without bowling the ball first! So, the batman can come forward, according to his will!

But if he comes too forward, and the batsman hits it straight to the bowler, then it is a definite run-out! :cool:

viral1991 said:
Well, the bowler cant run-out a batsman without bowling the ball first! So, the batman can come forward, according to his will!
Yes the bowler can run him out, it happens quite often with spinners, and even in a bollywood cricket movie I saw once :D

Law 42.15 says: Bowler attempting to run out non-striker before delivery
The bowler is permitted, before entering his delivery stride, to attempt to run out the non-striker. The ball shall not count in the over.
The umpire shall call and signal Dead ball as soon as possible if the bowler fails in the attempt to run out the non-striker.
(from http://www.lords.org/laws-and-spirit/laws-of-cricket/laws/law-42-fair-and-unfair-play,68,AR.html)

Last edited:
Satyam000 said:

i thought the speed was very accurate, if anything a little too slow.

rickyp said:
i thought the speed was very accurate, if anything a little too slow.
It depends who is bowling the delivery. If Kumble - that is perfect, however if it was Shane Warne, maybe a tad too fast.
The animation speeds need to be adjusted according to the bowler maybe.

duffarama said:
It depends who is bowling the delivery. If Kumble - that is perfect, however if it was Shane Warne, maybe a tad too fast.
The animation speeds need to be adjusted according to the bowler maybe.

yeah...the speed of the bowl will vary for different spinners...

For the flipper bit i meant it turns a bit. Sort of like this:

Attachments

• flipper diagram.jpg
    flipper diagram.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 84
legend_master said:
yeah...the speed of the bowl will vary for different spinners...
You sound really tired Paul. Want a sleeping tablet? Or even better, we can sing you a lullaby! ;)

Thanks for the teaser holmie.

I downloaded the original high quality video, but it just didn't wanna play right even after the updates. I spent a whole 30 seconds downloading it too ;)

The video looks great btw.

Users who are viewing this thread