2nd August Screens in one post

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3rd screenshot in 1st post is the 1st screenshot which shows the night view of the stadium/gameplay :) nice i hope that with some 80s 90s players style has no effect on the games title.

The screenshots look great. I can see how much effort has been done on minute details.

Amazing stuff Ross and BigAnt, well done. It is not just the graphics which are good, it is all the attention to details which is unprecedented in a cricket game. This just whets the appetite for more :).

BTW, a little off topic, I am sure Ross will end up doing a heck of a job on marketing the game, but we should do as much we can on spreading awareness about the game.

This is amazing stuff Ross!!! But there is still no sign of a raw gameplay footage. My last post on last Friday's update created a lot of fuss and after reading couple of your posts in reply to my posts, I thought you were going to show some raw footage of the actual gameplay but there is no sign of it even this Friday. What is going on? Instead of providing these enhanced screenshots, you could have just provided a 3 to 4 minute long video showing a raw footage of the gameplay and some of the new features that you have implemented.

I know you like to see the stadiums and I totally respect that but don't tell me it's the first thing you want to see in the next screenshots!!

I hope we're good.:cheers

I don't know about 1st or 2nd but I do pay attention to the stadium details. Overall statdium environment adds to the game's environment & fun factor.

We are good, yes :)

This is amazing stuff Ross!!! But there is still no sign of a raw gameplay footage. My last post on last Friday's update created a lot of fuss and after reading couple of your posts in reply to my posts, I thought you were going to show some raw footage of the actual gameplay but there is no sign of it even this Friday. What is going on? Instead of providing these enhanced screenshots, you could have just provided a 3 to 4 minute long video showing a raw footage of the gameplay and some of the new features that you have implemented.

11 new screenshots is enough for now, don't be so pushy mate.
There will be a trailer next week(Friday is my guess) and hoping for the reveal also so just be patient dude and all will be in front of us soon.

PS Ross/bigant you are doing a great job with the game and your fans, keep it up guys. PS I have told more people about bigant cricket and they are all shocked it's coming and with the features it does have, everyone knows about ashes 2013 and not heard about cricket 14.

----------

I don't know about 1st or 2nd but I do pay attention to the stadium details. Overall statdium environment adds to the game's environment & fun factor.

We are good, yes :)

Next time I would love to see more with the bowling side in screens or video and LBWs and edges. PS A stadium mixed in there is also cool.:thumbs

11 new screenshots is enough for now, don't be so pushy mate.
There will be a trailer next week(Friday is my guess) and hoping for the reveal also so just be patient dude and all will be in front of us soon.

PS Ross/bigant you are doing a great job with the game and your fans, keep it up guys. PS I have told more people about bigant cricket and they are all shocked it's coming and with the features it does have, everyone knows about ashes 2013 and not heard about cricket 14.

----------

Next time I would love to see more with the bowling side in screens or video and LBWs and edges. PS A stadium mixed in there is also cool.:thumbs

I am not being pushy bro but...I also appreciate the way they are keeping us updated with the game. But the fact is that part of these updates are useless. Now don't get me wrong here...we have seen the BARS now which is good but what about the gameplay? All these screenshots are shown from graphically enhanced scenes and they will always look astonishing because these are not from the raw gameplay footage. We have been following this game for months and we have no clue how the gameplay is because we haven't seen a single gameplay video. The screenshots we have seen so far are all showing us how good the graphics are but we don't care about the graphics. We want the gameplay to be good and we don't know that yet because they don't feel the need to provide us with a gameplay footage.

I am not being pushy bro but...I also appreciate the way they are keeping us updated with the game. But the fact is that part of these updates are useless. Now don't get me wrong here...we have seen the BARS now which is good but what about the gameplay? All these screenshots are shown from graphically enhanced scenes and they will always look astonishing because these are not from the raw gameplay footage. We have been following this game for months and we have no clue how the gameplay is because we haven't seen a single gameplay video. The screenshots we have seen so far are all showing us how good the graphics are but we don't care about the graphics. We want the gameplay to be good and we don't know that yet because they don't feel the need to provide us with a gameplay footage.

I do see your point mate but ross will release when he is ready, sometimes a little push to him is ok but over the last 10 months I have learned not to push him to hard or ask to much and get no answer back time and time again.

This trailer next week will be maybe more like the last one(maybe longer) but raw gameplay footage must be release to the open public not just us.
I hope ross is getting the footage together and maybe do a series of bat/ball/field trailers over the next month or two. PS Ross you are a legend and a smart ass and we love that.:clap:eek:

The shots are merely moving the camera to a different position in game - the shots are not enhanced in any way - they are raw and from the game.

BARS is a new feature. Playing while using filters is new.

What is going on? You could be a little more patient - at least my soon is not "starting in September, trust me"

----------

Yeah, you are pushy and making statements that are not true. I think you should take the "we" and make it "I".

If shots are not from engine then I will tell you, clearly.

The shots are merely moving the camera to a different position in game - the shots are not enhanced in any way - they are raw and from the game.

BARS is a new feature. Playing while using filters is new.

What is going on? You could be a little more patient - at least my soon is not "starting in September, trust me"

I think what he is meaning ross is a lot of sport games(cricket) have used the trailer to just show the best parts of the game and when playing the game never looked no where near as good. PS I don't believe this is the case with your game and yes he needs to be more patient.

PS Ross what did you think of the cricket ? GO AUSSIES.:clap

----------

Also fellow members on here, how many questions do you have for Mike(trickstar) of late. I am trying to think of anything to ask him but as he can not show us anything till September( november:lol) I give up for now.

PS You Ross, well that's very different story. I have lot's just for you, not now maybe later.:eek:

If the AFL and Rugby League trailers of the past are something to go on, this is how good the game will actually look.

Look at the AFL live trailer:

Now look at some gameplay footage:

I think that the trailer did a good job of marketing the game whilst being faithful to the actual product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our engine has come so far since then :facepalm

but we had to start somewhere :yes

Our engine has come so far since then :facepalm

but we had to start somewhere :yes

There were still some important strides made there, for instance the two-part body animations where the upper and lower bodies are animated separately. In previous games you could dispose of the ball or get tackled. In here you could realistically get a handball off when being tackled (sometimes, if quick enough). I'm sure that development helped lead to cricket where the animation blending is so much more sophisticated.

Yeah, you can see it's the same engine as AFL/RUGBY live 2 but cricket just looks well years ahead.:D PS The think about football games of any kind is the camera is almost always so far away because it's the best way to play them, cricket is different as medium is maybe best. Football must be played from afar but the only thing wrong with this is you don't see as much detail with the players.

Ross. I have a new question:yes so please answer;), in rugby live 2 the players tackle as it's well rugby but have you used any of this for cricket. So say I hit the ball for a quick one and me and the bowler knock into each other. PS This is a new question I think as I have not seen this one before. Thanks.:spy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread