Not open for further replies.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There were still some important strides made there, for instance the two-part body animations where the upper and lower bodies are animated separately. In previous games you could dispose of the ball or get tackled. In here you could realistically get a handball off when being tackled (sometimes, if quick enough). I'm sure that development helped lead to cricket where the animation blending is so much more sophisticated.

No Doubt.

The video of gameplay probably isn't too indicative for those that don't know the sport as it's on a far camera and the play on instead of going to the goal kicking camera. The centre bounce and kickouts probably show that the trailer and the game are the same and not "enhanced"...

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
No Doubt.

The video of gameplay probably isn't too indicative for those that don't know the sport as it's on a far camera and the play on instead of going to the goal kicking camera. The centre bounce and kickouts probably show that the trailer and the game are the same and not "enhanced"...

Yeah it wasn't easy to find many good quality videos since it only came out late in the piece on PC.

Mouth-watering proposition of using the cricket engine for the TRUE (not Tru Blu) AFL Live 2 ;)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Great sadness that we are not making AFL Live 2 :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

(sorry, had a 79C moment right there....)

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors

Perhaps the cricket game wouldn't be as good though if you had to split the resources? I don't mind doing it one at a time and after AFL Live 1 cricket games are more in need of a makeover than AFL. I do hold out some hope for the next AFL game though. Hopefully they have learnt from BA.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors

I'm not sad now ross, Aussies are winning the cricket and we have 11 wonderful new screens. PS two questions for you.
1. How long can your engine last till you have to move on to a new engine.
2. Can the cricket players knock into each other like in the real thing or just pass though like other cricket games.:(

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
I didn't mean sad, I meant over-using the emoticons!

Our engine has evolved through all of our platforms and is now running on Next-Gen... you can do this when you own the engine and source code :yes

Players cannot go through each other - they collide.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors

Our engine has evolved through all of our platforms and is now running on Next-Gen... you can do this when you own the engine and source code :yes

Comme ?a?

Last edited by a moderator:

79cricket

Panel of Selectors

But there so so cute ross.:):yes:p:D

Ok so they do collide with each other, no more walking though the stumps also would be my guess.;)

So cricket 14 will run on next gen, I no this will not get a answer but I will try anyway:yes. Can you tell us anything about the next gen version, simple things not just features. Thanks Ross.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
No I cannot.

edit: sorry, I could, but I am not allowed to by strict NDA.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Ok I will not ask about next gen but if there is a way better version of cricket 14 released for next gen then will we maybe get a special version for say ps3, xbox and pc. PS No emoticons at all ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread