2nd semi final: New Zealand vs Pakistan

BoomBoom

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
very well played NZ... I liked the way eliott and vettori kept their nerves kool despite of the fact that RR reached upto 7. At that point i was expecting them to play some silly shot under pressure to throw their wicket, but it never happened :(. Vettori is a koolll and understanding guy, picked up the PP3 at the right time.

I really am impressed with 19 yr U. Akmal and love wathing his batting though he remained a bit unlucky and we probably went 20-30 runs short :(
Plus the sitter dropped by Y.Khan was probably the turning point. Till that point, we had the chance of getting back in the match.

I am expecting a good final provided NZ batting can put up something good on the board.

aqzhar78

School Cricketer
Azhar

there was one bad decision of umar akmal... but these things happen. Over all NZ deserved to win because of their all round performance. They were better in all three departments, and very wisely chose the batting powerplay.

Now please win the Cup!!

and specially they were seriously depleted due to injuries.. so hats off to them...

Dear,

it was not just one terrible decision in this such a high profile match; this match;s highest run scorrer Grant Elliot was LBW Plumb out on the first ball he faced from Ajmal but was not given out. had that decison turned in pakistan;s favour New zealand would have been struggling but not to be. I will remember this match as Pakistan vs New Zealand plus the field umpires!!!!!!!!!!!!

nz0003

International Cricketer
Dear,

it was not just one terrible decision in this such a high profile match; this match;s highest run scorrer Grant Elliot was LBW Plumb out on the first ball he faced from Ajmal but was not given out. had that decison turned in pakistan;s favour New zealand would have been struggling but not to be. I will remember this match as Pakistan vs New Zealand plus the field umpires!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't plum at all, you would probably be attacking the umpires if they gave a Pakistani batsman out that way. The umpires had an awesome game apart from that Akmal decision. I lost a lot of respect for Pakistan in that game, they continuously appealed for stuff that would of missed another set of stumps and looked disappointed when it was given not out, infact it probably cost them a run out of Vettori.

irottev

School Cricketer
That Aamer guy is a real talent. Hadn't seen him until today. He's not even near the finished product yet either. He's so young still.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Dear,

Hi aqzhar :)

I suggest reading over the laws regarding LBW's, it might help you get over this quicker ;)

The ball hit Elliott out-side off stump whilst playing a shot, therefore he cannot be given out.

irottev

School Cricketer
I thought it might be worth mentioning to anyone who didn't know that Grant Elliot was batting with a broken thumb. Gotta love him for his guts and determination.

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well the Pakistan that turned up yesterday was obviously not the winning one. I feel their batting was at times self-destructive (Malik, Afridi, Rana & Gul's shots) at the current time.

That said, New Zealand did play their heart out and definatly deserved the win. I wouldn't say Butler bowled exceptionally but it was good enough for the Pakistan batsmen. Also, the stranglehold that Vettori put on the lower order was outstanding. It really does show his class despite having picked up a back injury. Moving on to the run-chase, the timing of the PowerPlay was the key as they gambled. Grant Elliott's knock was absoloutly superb! :hpraise accompanied by the skipper Vettori who got 41 off a run a ball.

Unlucky Pakistan but it does serve them right for not getting the basics right. Well done New Zealand

ahmed shah

International Coach
younis not even dropped the catch of elliot he dropped the champions trophy its all younis fall

Last edited:

yakuza003

Club Cricketer
younis not even dropped the catch of elliot he droped the champions trophy its all younis fall

Yes it is right, younis khan shouldnt drop that catch, he shouldnt be playing the game, because he was injured, he had hair line fracture in some of his fingers, misbah was fit and he didnt gave him a chance to play, younis shouldnt be a captain anymore.

King Cricket

International Coach
younis shouldnt be a captain anymore.

Oh God! Just a night or two ago people were praising him and hailing him as a hero for taking Pakistan to the semis. Now those same people are demanding his head. :sarcasm For what? For losing just one match? Great!

BoomBoom

School Cricketer
younis shouldnt be a captain anymore.

Why not????????

I am actually not impressed with the reaction of ppl at the defeat and dropped catch by younus khan.
He dropped one and lost a match, but no wonder he took so many good catches and made us win many times. At least we would've cherished our team: they reached the semis and tried their best.

And Younus khan is still the most perfect captain for pakistani team i think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread