2nd Test: Australia v England at The Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, 5-9 Dec

Yeah we've definitely lost this one now...

Looks like Australia will regain the ashes after Perth test match. I mean if England can't face Mitchell Johnson on flat Adelaide pitch than I don't know what will happen to them in WACA.

Bell holding England together. Virtually a lone ranger, other than Carberry. Fighting a losing cause though

This is the Mitchell Johnson show. Flawless bowling.

That was just breath taking ... A Fast bowler cheered on by the crowd, knocking the opposition into oblivion ... and that too on a flat pitch. Cricket at its best

Johnson why so fast :D

Pathetic from England, not reaching 200 in any innings so far. Carberry did ok, but needed to go on, while the middle order - Bell apart, was non-existent.

Take away Bell and Carberry's innings and the rest managed THIRTY-NINE runs between them and just ONE boundary. In fact only one other batsman reached double figures, it's embarrassing.

I don't know if the aussies are just toying with England or what, I'd be looking to push more quickly on to a 500-550 lead before close of play and maybe bat a bit into tomorrow just to inconvenience the England openers and let them stew a little bit over what is to come - not that they won't all be a little sleepless in the bargain.

So the Ashes is all but over after two Tests for the second series in a row, England looking more like Engladesh with their totals :

England : 136, 179 and 172
Australia : 295, 401/7d, 570/9d and 75/3

So England have scored 487 runs total so far in three innings, need I compare that to the aussie 1st innings total here..................?

Oh and a big :thumbs for picking Stokes, his 11 ball score of 1 was just what was needed :facepalm, not that he was alone and Cook, KP, Root and Prior scraped together all of 22 runs between them, but there's a plan that was doomed to fail.

----------

Oh and when England fail miserably at the next World Cup (50 over) what will be the excuse then...........!?!?!?

aussies putting England's "efforts" into perspective, could easily equal that paltry total with wickets in hand while trying to accelerate for a declaration

Well I suppose we can laugh at the fact that Australia didn't trust Mitch to play in the first series :P

Pathetic from England, not reaching 200 in any innings so far. Carberry did ok, but needed to go on, while the middle order - Bell apart, was non-existent.

Take away Bell and Carberry's innings and the rest managed THIRTY-NINE runs between them and just ONE boundary. In fact only one other batsman reached double figures, it's embarrassing.

I don't know if the aussies are just toying with England or what, I'd be looking to push more quickly on to a 500-550 lead before close of play and maybe bat a bit into tomorrow just to inconvenience the England openers and let them stew a little bit over what is to come - not that they won't all be a little sleepless in the bargain.

So the Ashes is all but over after two Tests for the second series in a row, England looking more like Engladesh with their totals :

England : 136, 179 and 172
Australia : 295, 401/7d, 570/9d and 75/3

So England have scored 487 runs total so far in three innings, need I compare that to the aussie 1st innings total here..................?

Oh and a big :thumbs for picking Stokes, his 11 ball score of 1 was just what was needed :facepalm, not that he was alone and Cook, KP, Root and Prior scraped together all of 22 runs between them, but there's a plan that was doomed to fail.

----------

Oh and when England fail miserably at the next World Cup (50 over) what will be the excuse then...........!?!?!?

That is very harsh to say that after only one innings on a batsman. For all we know (highly unlikely) he could save England on the final day. If it gets that far.

for me it's difficult to agree with any sentiment that starts with "That is very harsh..." after that performance.

anyway, while englands awful batting has been the star of the show it's probably worth talking about how utterly listless anderson has been, not to mention swann (averaging 99 as we speak and going for 4 an over).

at least englands batting are up against a competent bowling attack that's being lead by a mercurial talent who is in stunning form. Englands bowling is up against michael clarke and some blokes from down the nearest pub and they are getting smashed.

I think the bowling attack is just so tired and fed up of spending the last 3 years bowling their socks off only for the batsmen to blow it again.
It all started in Pakistan where the bowlers performed heroically and the batsmen blew it and it's gone on from there.
Yes Anderson looks down on pace, Swann looks less effective etc but if I were an England bowler I would just be so sick and tired of how useless the rest of the team are.

Regarding people who are saying drop Prior. Agree in principle but his replacement is a lad who struggled massively against Dale Steyn on tracks that weren't as bouncy as Perth. Mitchell Johnson will easy Jonny Bairstow for breakfast.

If we go down 5-0 I would have a whole-sale clear out and retire KP, Prior, Swann and Anderson. The only players who look worth their place at the present are Bell and Broad.

If we go down 5-0 I would have a whole-sale clear out and retire KP, Prior, Swann and Anderson. The only players who look worth their place at the present are Bell and Broad.

That's a big statement barmy. Can't see all those 4 retiring from test cricket after a 5-0 whitewash.

The barmyarmy were singing ''we're gonna win 3-2, we're gonna win 3-2'' :lol

for me it's difficult to agree with any sentiment that starts with "That is very harsh..." after that performance.

anyway, while englands awful batting has been the star of the show it's probably worth talking about how utterly listless anderson has been, not to mention swann (averaging 99 as we speak and going for 4 an over).

at least englands batting are up against a competent bowling attack that's being lead by a mercurial talent who is in stunning form. Englands bowling is up against michael clarke and some blokes from down the nearest pub and they are getting smashed.

I agree that the performance was diabolical but picking Stokes out for blame is wrong. Pietersen and Root deserve criticism for the shots they played, but Stokes doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread