30 Day Champions League Football Challenge

Day 01 - Your Favorite Match: Bayern Munich 2-3 Inter Milan (Last 16, 2nd Leg)
Day 02 - Your Least Favorite Match: Real Madrid 0-2 Barcelona (Semi Final, 2nd Leg)
Day 03 - A Match That Made You Remember A Player: Inter Milan 4-3 Tottenham (Gareth Bale)
Day 04 - A Match That You Felt Was The Most Boring: Marseille 1-0 Chelsea (Group Stage, 6th Game)
Day 05 - A Player Who Made The Biggest Howler: Heurelho Gomes (Tottenham 0-1 Real Madrid - Quarter Final , 2nd leg)
Day 06- A Player Who You Feel Was The Best In The Tournament: Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Day 08 - A Match That You Wanted Your Team To Win: Chelsea vs Manchester United (Quarter Final, 1st Leg)
Day 10 - A Moment Which You Hate: Park Ji-Sung scoring immediately after Drogba got the equalizer (Manchester United 2-1 Chelsea - Quarter Final, 2nd Leg)
Day 11 - A Match You'd Love To Play In: Barcelona vs Manchester United (Final, Wembley)

Day 12- A Team Which Should Not Have Qualified For The Last 16: FC Schalke 04

I know they knocked out Valencia and Inter Milan in the knockout stages but that was because both of those teams failed to take their chances against Schalke while Schalke took theirs rather than their brilliance getting them through.

Reached the semi-final and got totally exposed by Man United and over the two legs, it was pretty much a one-sided tie! Even Hapoel Tel-Aviv(from the same group as Schalke) would have put up a better fight against United.

Last edited:
My Day 12:Valencia

My Day 13:FC Schalke 04

Day 02 - Your Least Favorite Match: Real Madrid 0-2 Barcelona (Semi Final, 2nd Leg)
Day 03 - A Match That Made You Remember A Player: Inter Milan 4-3 Tottenham (Gareth Bale)
Day 04 - A Match That You Felt Was The Most Boring: Marseille 1-0 Chelsea (Group Stage, 6th Game)
Day 05 - A Player Who Made The Biggest Howler: Heurelho Gomes (Tottenham 0-1 Real Madrid - Quarter Final , 2nd leg)
Day 06- A Player Who You Feel Was The Best In The Tournament: Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Day 08 - A Match That You Wanted Your Team To Win: Chelsea vs Manchester United (Quarter Final, 1st Leg)
Day 10 - A Moment Which You Hate: Park Ji-Sung scoring immediately after Drogba got the equalizer (Manchester United 2-1 Chelsea - Quarter Final, 2nd Leg)
Day 11 - A Match You'd Love To Play In: Barcelona vs Manchester United (Final, Wembley)

Day 13- A Team Which You Count As Most Lucky: FC Schalke 04

With the way they defended in the knockout stages, it baffles me that they even managed to qualify from their group and finished top as well!

Last edited:
Bevab, I really don't know why you say Valencia were undeserving entrants to the elite 16? They drew at OT in the group stages, dominated United at the Mestalla before a pure piece of brilliance from Chica won United the game. As Jason said, Schalke can be counted as the most lucky team to make it.

Day 14- Your Favourite Goal: Yuri Zhirkov (Spartak Moscow 0-2 Chelsea - Group Stage, 3rd Game)

There is of course the Dejan Stankovic's brilliant volley strike from the halfway line against Schalke, Messi's mesmerizing individual goal against Real Madrid but I decided to goal for Zhirkov's wonderful goal against Spartak Moscow. First goal for the club and a stunning way to open his account. Just a shame that he keeps on getting injured.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm content with Stankovic's goal for Inter against Schalke. Had gone to the kitchen to prepare myself a drink as I watch the game, only to realize that I had already missed a goal. :facepalm

My Day 14:Andrea Ranocchia's own goal versus Schalke 04. A brilliant kick, sad to see it end as an own goal

My Day 15:Manuel Neuer.

Day 14- Your Favourite Goal: Yuri Zhirkov (Spartak Moscow 0-2 Chelsea - Group Stage, 3rd Game)

Day 15- The Best Goalkeeper: Edwin Van der Sar (Manchester United)

Chose him because it was his last season and he certainly made some crucial saves along the way in United's progress to the final.

For tomorrow's challenge, I certainly know who I would be choosing. :lol

Day 15- The Best Goalkeeper: Edwin Van der Sar (Manchester United)

Day 16 - The Worst Goalkeeper: Heurelho Gomes (Tottenham)

Nuff said.

Users who are viewing this thread