4th Match: England v Sri Lanka (Group B)

How is Michael Lumb? I thought he was going to be in English team few years back.

Colly's playing quite an explosive innings here, just what we needed. We had started to look bogged down.

We need Colly to go on and get 80+ from here.

Mendis is on now. play him like seamer.

How is Michael Lumb? I thought he was going to be in English team few years back.

Lumb's just had a very good season for Hampshire. Been very consistent in One Day cricket and is looking like a real talented player. Not sure if he was in contention a few years back, but he was picked in the 30 man provisional squad for this tournament. I expect to see him picked in a squad some time next year, if he continues the form he showed this year.

Hard to be positive about this ODi side given our recent performances tbf.

As we're on the subject of negativity. Shah's rubbish. Get Ravi back in tbh. :p

Much rather drop them both and get Key and someone else in the side. But the selectors won't, cause they are our selectors.....

Key? You're lame. Should so blatently be Trott that comes in. Our selectors don't seem to want to pick him for some reason, although I'd bet that if they were allowed to pick a squad from scratch for this tournament, he'd be in, as would Steven Davies I imagine.

Key and Trott then. I rate Key massively, he has been superb for Kent over the past seasons and deserves a real long run in the side. He certainly deserves a spot there more then Bopara, Shah and Bell, the three muppets

Stats time. Key averaged 14 for Kent in the FP Trophy, 28 in the T20 cup and made just 4 in his only Pro40 game of the season. Not convinced he'd be a good ODi pick tbh.

Bell's actually had a very, very good season, and happens to have a better ODi record than everyone in the current England side apart from Denly. He's really not that bad an ODi player. He's averaging over 80 in List A cricket for Warwickshire with 2 hundreds and 4 fifties. Collingwood would be a far better candidate to be a member of the 3 muppets.

Jonathan Trott, Ed Joyce, Steven Davies, Ian Bell, Michael Lumb and Paul Horton would all be far better options than Rob Key. The young Notts lad, Alex Hales would also be better than Key.

The overration of Key is almost as vast as his waistline.

I've still got faith in Shah tbh.

Tssh. Proven wrong so you bring out the 'sad bastard' card, yet you're posting on the same forum to call me a sad bastard. Poor form Thomas. ;)

Collingwood's still going. Can't believe it tbh, I thought he'd have played a few nice shots and then chucked his wicket away, but he's still out there. That six off Malinga in his last over was an awesome shot, especially considering Colly didn't look like he was picking him up earlier in the over.

Oof, there's another. <3 Colly :D

HAHAHA, I have man flu crossed with Freshers Flu which I think I caught off a Fresher lol, so am in a terrible mood. You're all tossers!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread