IPL 54th Match: Chennai Super Kings v Kings XI Punjab

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Chennai Super Kings v Kings XI Punjab at Centurion

Chennai: (probable) 1 M Vijay/Parthiv Patel, 2 Matthew Hayden, 3 MS Dhoni (capt./wk), 4 Suresh Raina, 5 Albie Morkel, 6 Jacob Oram/George Bailey, 7 S Badrinath, 8 Sudeep Tyagi, 9 Shadab Jakati, 10 L Balaji, 11 Muttiah Muralitharan.

Punjab: (probable) 1 Sunny Sohal/Karan Goel, 2 Simon Katich, 3 Yuvraj Singh (capt.), 4 Luke Pomersbach/Mahela Jayawardene, 5 Kumar Sangakkara (wk), 6 Irfan Pathan, 7 Wilkin Mota, 8 Piyush Chawla, 9 Sreesanth, 10 Ramesh Powar, 11 Brett Lee/Yusuf Abdulla.

Cricinfo preview

Hayden wont play today.And we might see some shuffle in the bowling department.Balaji will be rested today I guess.
This is the link to VB.Chandrasekhar's blog,where he normally writes about the atmosphere in the dressing room and any changes in the team.

Punjab has done well in recent past,but CSK is a very strong team,if Hayden is not playing that will certainly help Punjab,this should be a good game... CSK has advantage though,Dhoni, Raina,Morkel have done well, Murli was very economical against KKR

Is Hayden injured or resting? As no Hayden will give Punjab a chance to sneak into the finals.

it depends on the 1st game whom I'l support
if kkr wins
go kxip
if rr wins
go csk

Important match for KXI. Even they win this they may not reach semis because of Net run rate so they have to beat CSK by huge margin and that seems impossible by looking at CSK form.

Good CSK is batting. They bowl crap so we will win easily if we put our mind.

scion_sid added 20 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Poor bowling.
Poor fielding.
Batting has been poor.
Bye Bye Semi Finals.
:crying

Good CSK is batting. They bowl crap so we will win easily if we put our mind.

scion_sid added 20 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Poor bowling.
Poor fielding.
Batting has been poor.
Bye Bye Semi Finals.
:crying

Are you a CSK supporter? Those words fit CSK. Our batting has been poor. Fielding is always poor....

Edit: Murali takes Katich! CSK will run Punjab close here. CSK is already in the semis, but Punjab need to win this to get the semifinal spot (I guess).

Tomorrow both Deccan and BRC going to semis.

If BRC win Deccan loose, DC will be autometically go with BRC as their NRR is good.

IF DC win BRC loose then also BRC will make semis as their NRR is better than Punjab.

So end of Punjab in this IPL season 2.

Cya next year at home soil, feeling only bad for Preeti :(

WORLD CHAMPIONS added 3 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Mr Cricket is here ......... Huss :eek: what he is doing in SA :mad

Enough of fireworks :mad: this kind of fireworks should have took place when we defeated these dhosas :mad:

Cya next year at home soil, feeling only bad for Preeti :(

Mr Cricket is here ......... Huss :eek: what he is doing in SA :mad

Enough of fireworks :mad: this kind of fireworks should have took place when we defeated these dhosas :mad:

Preity deserves it.. What was she doing in the dug-out? If Shahrukh Khan is barred from entering the dug-out (in the last IPL), why was Preity allowed? And when CSK's batting floundered, Preity was frequently gesturing to her fans behind as if KXIP is the best team in the world. When CSK won finally, she tried to keep her expression down, but it all showed

Dhosas? Frankly, KKR fans dont have a right to talk like that. Winning under pressure is entirely different from winning when you dont have any pressure. The worst team of the tournament salvaged some pride in the end but the truth is that, your team is not only the worst of the tournament but they have also been worst example of how a team shouldnt be.

Yeah, HUSSEY IS BACK!!! If Hayden and Hussey play the semis (and hopefully the final), CSK would be strengthened in a mighty way. I guess the semis will be Team 1 vs Team 4 and Team 2 vs Team 3. If so, then Chennai will face the winner of tomorrow's match (either Deccan or Bangalore). I think RCB have enough run rate to get to the semis even if they lose tomorrow. BYE BYE KXIP!

Preity deserves it.. What was she doing in the dug-out? If Shahrukh Khan is barred from entering the dug-out (in the last IPL), why was Preity allowed? And when CSK's batting floundered, Preity was frequently gesturing to her fans behind as if KXIP is the best team in the world. When CSK won finally, she tried to keep her expression down, but it all showed

Dhosas? Frankly, KKR fans dont have a right to talk like that. Winning under pressure is entirely different from winning when you dont have any pressure. The worst team of the tournament salvaged some pride in the end but the truth is that, your team is not only the worst of the tournament but they have also been worst example of how a team shouldnt be.

Yeah, HUSSEY IS BACK!!! If Hayden and Hussey play the semis (and hopefully the final), CSK would be strengthened in a mighty way. I guess the semis will be Team 1 vs Team 4 and Team 2 vs Team 3. If so, then Chennai will face the winner of tomorrow's match (either Deccan or Bangalore). I think RCB have enough run rate to get to the semis even if they lose tomorrow. BYE BYE KXIP!

Hahaha ............... :laugh

180+ you cant defend on a pitch like Joburg and you are talking :laugh we took out the crap of your over confident skipper. Just like snatching a loli from a kid. If you face Delhi in semis then you can be in final otherwsie you will be kicked out in a similar fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread