5th Test: England vs Australia at the Brit Oval

Anyone else pretty happy with that Ponting blow, (as long as nothing is broken) i'm sure if KP took a blow like that, the Aussies would smile.

Anyone else pretty happy with that Ponting blow, (as long as nothing is broken) i'm sure if KP took a blow like that, the Aussies would smile.

Ponting is as tough as nails. Didn't even grimace! Only thing broken is a bit of pride!

15 wickets in a day? Far too many, though it makes for enjoyable cricket so that isn't my complaint.

My issue is with massive footholes on day 1, not good enough really. I wouldn't be too surprised if the ICC get involved and investigate, because the pitch is very close to being rated "poor."

What a dreadful pitch this has proved. All of one wicket falling this morning for only 100 runs. You could see the batsmen holding on for dear life with the ball just impossible to play on such a poor pitch. Hope the ICC intervene as there's no chance we could have just outplayed Australia? Surely not...

Any Englishman who didn't laugh is not a proper human being.

I wish it was that twat Michael Clarke though. That would have ruined his smug arseholeish face a fair bit.

I know it's late but after watching the replays of Australia's tour of South Africa again, Johnson is really struggling to find his form with the ball. It's such a big difference.

Hes showed glimpses of it here and there but none of our bowlers are consistent enough to bowl at that level every test. But he is the least of our worries.

Looked out live, and its out. Flintoff's last every test innings coming up hopefully we can spoil the party.

Pressures on here for Freddie, as much as I'd like for him to get a big score I don't want England winning the Ashes.

Its the ideal position pressure wise for Flintoff to end his Test batting career. No real pressure on him so he can play his normal game smacking us all over the park. If he gets out there is England's new all rounder in the making not to mention the fact they have 340+ run lead already.

Still think that England need to watch out for going into smug mode too quickly and smashing all their wickets away. There is still a lot of time in this game. This pitch is strange; one moment its placid, next there is a bouncer like that from Siddle to Trott! Ah wait, its clouding over!

Users who are viewing this thread