5th Test: England vs Australia at the Brit Oval

But Strauss has an oddly-shaped head, therefore it doesn't count for as much.

Lol. I like the shape of his head; it says; " Dear Sirs, I am at this moment engaged in retrieving that which I believe to be rightly ours, your's sincerely, he with the funny head!":D

That was a half decent shout then, quite close.

Strauss has been quite brilliant for England since he came back into the side. Trott's been quite impressive aswell hasn't really looked troubled as of yet.

Warne has words of praise for Trott. Good signs.

FIFTAY! Foxy was right! Trott averages 91 in Test Cricket so far, he IS the next coming of Bradman! :hpraise

Well done Mr Trott, don't you just love South Africans!!:D I think a number of England players will be thinking of other plans for the rest of this Summer.

Oooo....there goes Straussy.....shame....good knock that man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done to Trott looks a lot more comfortable than Bopara. And now North gets Strauss but the damage has been done.

Damn, excellent and vital innings though, as good as a ton, really.

329-4, the pitch is flattening out a bit. What do we think, 450 to chase?

Trott has been very impressive. I presume he is a shoe in for South Africa? Pietersen comes in for Colly/Bell?

The pitch is not flattening out - no idea where you're getting that from.
With a quality spinner we'll knock them over for under 200 again.

That's a few times recently that Strauss has failed to convert. He used to have an excellent conversion rate. Still only one hundred by an England batsman in this series...

The pitch is not flattening out - no idea where you're getting that from.
With a quality spinner we'll knock them over for under 200 again.

That's a few times recently that Strauss has failed to convert. He used to have an excellent conversion rate. Still only one hundred by an England batsman in this series...

Have to agree, theres lots of turn happening.....oooh Pontings spitting blood...literally. We need another 100 to be really sure...oh man I know I'm such a wet blanket!

Ponting cops more blood in this Ashes series, poor bloke his lunch was going to be bad enough but now its worse.

Not meaning to be horrible to him but it serves Ponting right for standing there without a helmet.

Damn, excellent and vital innings though, as good as a ton, really.

329-4, the pitch is flattening out a bit. What do we think, 450 to chase?

Trott has been very impressive. I presume he is a shoe in for South Africa? Pietersen comes in for Colly/Bell?
Drop Colly, he isn't a Test-match quality player anyways. Bell showed improvement in this match with that 72.

Users who are viewing this thread