5th Test: England vs Australia at the Brit Oval

Still no Hilfy? WTF Ricky Ponting:facepalm
Hilfy's off the field participating in a seven-way sexual activity with six female specimens who approached him in a London bar last night; I don't think Ponting has any say in this at all.

...And as I say that, he appears to save a boundary. I guess he's a quicker finisher than I predicted.

Last edited:
I don't feel any sorrow for Australia for any wrong umpiring decisions they get after that Langer / Gilchrist partnership in 1999.

Complete fraud.

By "us" he means Australia.
Like I said before the teams stupidly agreed not to use the review system so they've got no recourse or right to moan about decisions in my book.
However fans can and do say what they like. It's almost like a superpower.

30 runs in an hour is solid but I think Warne might be right when he says this is a pitch to bat aggressively on.
Anyway here comes the "spinner".

Oddly enough, he's only taken nine four-wicket hauls in any form of cricket; six in OD matches, two in ODIs at that.

Well done Strauss, and Mr Trott is a breath of fresh air. Someone willing to grind out an innings in the middle order. Yes, yes, yes!!:) Great batting by Strauss, walking down the pitch to Clark. Leading from the front. This is one good player. I remember him playing here in New Zealand, I think for Northern Districts just a short time ago to try to get into the England setup again. I have to admit that I berated him for the last performance at Headingly but I am very impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lead has gone to 300. Don't think Australia have a chance any more - they really have to hope some wickets tumble in a hurry, can see England getting another 100 minimum setting 400+ which will be tough. They've played really disappointing all series to be honest.

England seem really strong at home as of late.

Strauss is incredible. Under pressure against the Aussies in a must win match and he leads from the front. Props to Bell, Trott, Swann and Broad too. They've all really risen to the occasion well.

Users who are viewing this thread