7th Match, Group B - Mumbai Indians v South Australia @ Durban

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Mumbai is all about Malinga and their big hitting batsmen. South Australia played like champs last night, the opening partnership really set it up and the lower middle order which I thought was a little weaker compared to the Mumbai Indians contributed to chase the big total down.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Haha, LOL! :laugh
IPL teams can buy all the players they want, but they still can't beat a team with only 91 INT matches between them.
Even CD have a lot more INT matches between them than that.

Mumbai may not of even brought any players, but I just had to have a laugh at them. :laugh

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
The worst Australian domestic team (just relative,considering the last few seasons) beats perpaps the best Indian domestic team.
Shows you how big the difference in the standard or quality of the local players is.
Indian teams are worthless without the overseas stars.
Chennai wouldn't have won the IPL without Dougie Bollinger.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
What's the standard of normal (not IPL) domestic cricket like?
Is it really poor, hence why some of the IPL teams still fail even when bolstered up by four INT stars?

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Well,to the best of my knowledge,the tracks hardly have anything for the seam bowlers and batsmen obviously dominate but when the same batting superstars come across tracks with something for the bowlers (not necessarily green-tops :p),they struggle like a fish out of water :facepalm

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
When I rarely watch the IPL, the thing I notice the most is how poor their fielding is.
I guess when they go elsewhere, their batting gets shown up as well.

CG123 added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Although it was their bowling that cost them in this game.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The SA openers struggled with the bounce at Kingsmead the most, but they got away with chances. Ultimately, the pitch had nothing to do with who won.

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
The SA openers struggled with the bounce at Kingsmead the most, but they got away with chances. Ultimately, the pitch had nothing to do with who won.

Pretty much this... the SA openers looked very ordinary in the first 5 overs.. especially against Malinga, so I don't know where all this "can't handle the pace and bounce" talk is coming from. The only reason they won was because of the shitty fielding.

Users who are viewing this thread