A controller is REQUIRED to play on PC -XBOX PC Controller recommended

technically they are not required but without them you won't be able to play it properly. triggers are used to control the power of the shot. without them all your shots will have the same power.

Why do you keep telling people that triggers control shot power. Do you know how depressing that is to read?

Why do you keep telling people that triggers control shot power. Do you know how depressing that is to read?

looooool...it would be far more depressing to buy a controller without analog triggers, and then staring blankly at the screen where you watch ai vs ai play since the game is unplayable for you (every shot you hit either is a 6 and mostly outs.

looooool...it would be far more depressing to buy a controller without analog triggers, and then staring blankly at the screen where you watch ai vs ai play since the game is unplayable for you (every shot you hit either is a 6 and mostly outs.

But that is misinformation. Nobody knows for sure yet. And bro, no game yet has implemented reliance of such important aspects of gameplay on "analog" triggers - which are exclusive to XBOX...

But that is misinformation. Nobody knows for sure yet. And bro, no game yet has implemented reliance of such important aspects of gameplay on "analog" triggers - which are exclusive to XBOX...
The PS3 L2/R2 buttons are also analogue triggers, or at least function similarly.

Do PS3 controllers have trigger in them?? If not I think we should rule out the possibility of controlling shot power via trigger. I don't think they will code the controls differently for XBOX360, PC & PS3.

Yes ps3 controls have triggers just like xbox 360. I have both and the controls are pretty much the same except analouge sticks are in different places

I'd say you're certain to get a Controlller/Game bundle now we know HES are the distributors. Hold off for details on that if you are thinking about getting a new controller.

That would be nice. Given my next-to-nothing knowledge about controllers (I don't even know what analog/triggers mean. Yeh, I suck when it comes to controllers. Keyboard FTW for me :D), it would be nice to not worry about whether I bought the right one.

Ship it with the box I say :thumbs

But they aren't analog...
Compare the L1 and L2 buttons - see how the bottom one (L2) sticks out? Press that slightly in and it's an analogue trigger - press it all the way down and it's a button.

DualShock_3_and_Sixaxis_controller.jpg

One point is that apparently (some?) PS3 controller drivers on PC don't support the reading analogue triggers, so treat them like a button.

All PS3 buttons are analogue.

We get 65535 (16 bit) degrees of pressure from a press whatever is pressed be it button or trigger, stick, etc.

All PS3 buttons are analogue.

We get 65535 (16 bit) degrees of pressure from a press whatever is pressed be it button or trigger, stick, etc.

For face buttons (X, Square, O and Triangle) relying on this level of sensitivity will be difficult coz it's generally used as a push button and not like L2/R2 (trigger buttons) where you can press it slightly down to get a different result. Hope the game takes this into account.

For face buttons (X, Square, O and Triangle) relying on this level of sensitivity will be difficult coz it's generally used as a push button and not like L2/R2 (trigger buttons) where you can press it slightly down to get a different result. Hope the game takes this into account.
Unlike the back triggers being analogue on both - the pressure sensitivity on the face buttons is probably not used because the Xbox 360 controller has digital face buttons.

And basically, when games are on multiple platforms there's usually the lowest common denominator issue (though the decision to require gamepads on PC helps that here). The WiiU gamepad and pro-controller has digital triggers - so that would create a massive design issue if you were targeting that console as well. Which is insane when you consider the Gamecube basically perfected analogue trigger buttons (though stuffed things up with the awful D-pad).

Can't wait to see how the Xbox One controller feels - it looks like they fixed the D-pad, which was my main complaint with the 360.

Seriously, all they needed to do was make the Dreamcast controller smaller and add bumpers to it - is that too much to ask?

/controller-rage.

The xbox controller was significantly improved by Razer (felt awkward at first but ultimately was better) BUT it was poorly made, meaning that it started great but degraded. The rubberish texture wore quickly, particularly on the sticks. They also clicked a bit.

The triggers were a lot longer though which was nice. They were banned at tournaments though because you could remap buttons to two extra bumpers, particularly the joystick press button which is notoriously hard.

Unlike the back triggers being analogue on both - the pressure sensitivity on the face buttons is probably not used because the Xbox 360 controller has digital face buttons.

And basically, when games are on multiple platforms there's usually the lowest common denominator issue (though the decision to require gamepads on PC helps that here). The WiiU gamepad and pro-controller has digital triggers - so that would create a massive design issue if you were targeting that console as well. Which is insane when you consider the Gamecube basically perfected analogue trigger buttons (though stuffed things up with the awful D-pad).

Can't wait to see how the Xbox One controller feels - it looks like they fixed the D-pad, which was my main complaint with the 360.

Seriously, all they needed to do was make the Dreamcast controller smaller and add bumpers to it - is that too much to ask?

/controller-rage.

Whoa Matt! Never thought i'd see you in rage...
Still didn't answer my question though lol

Users who are viewing this thread