A suggestion for more realistic batting.

As well as this, with 'realistic batting', a defensive shot system could be used whereby you hold the button down to push at the ball more (meaning it could go for more runs, even a boundary, but you'd also stand a better chance of getting out), or just tap the button for an ordinary defensive shot.

This probably is the best idea so far. Not only for the defensive shots but normal shots as well. It's just like the Tennis games where you hold for long and get a bigger angle on shots if you position yourself at the right place.

It would be good if all of the regular shots are implemented with the same logic. You don't need a timing bar but on how long and early/late you press the button for. If you get the timing right, you can get a boundary otherwise it'll be a few runs or catches. Similarly, one can edge the ball and it will carry to the slips if the button press is long, aimed for boundaries, or may be fly over slips.

This may replicate the behaviour of holding the bat with soft hands or going after the ball with full force.

Totally agree with masterblaster however i also think you shouldn't be able to see the shot placement sector thing on the field graph. it makes it too easy to pick gaps and would also make human vs human matches more difficult because u cant really implement the idea in human vs human matches. also, ai bowlers should occasionally move the bowling marker late as the bowler runs in to make it even more difficult.

any finally, i always wish they would provide the user with the ability to adjust settings like how early the bowling marker appears (if at all), whether the shot placement sector appears etc. because it allows each person to fine tune the game to their preferred difficulty.

i would really love to see a hard mode that is actually hard

This probably is the best idea so far. Not only for the defensive shots but normal shots as well. It's just like the Tennis games where you hold for long and get a bigger angle on shots if you position yourself at the right place.

It would be good if all of the regular shots are implemented with the same logic. You don't need a timing bar but on how long and early/late you press the button for. If you get the timing right, you can get a boundary otherwise it'll be a few runs or catches. Similarly, one can edge the ball and it will carry to the slips if the button press is long, aimed for boundaries, or may be fly over slips.

This may replicate the behaviour of holding the bat with soft hands or going after the ball with full force.

Yeps, that was my intention.

Along the lines of of just tapping the button, how about if when you pressed down on the button it controlled the backlift and then when released would play the shot. The longer the button is pressed, the higher the backlift which would equate to a more powerful shot

Along the lines of of just tapping the button, how about if when you pressed down on the button it controlled the backlift and then when released would play the shot. The longer the button is pressed, the higher the backlift which would equate to a more powerful shot

I like that.

I think MasterBlaster76 is onto something here... ever since i played MLB The Show 09, it's a baseball sim by Sony for the PS3, my expectations for cricket will never be the same. It's worth Transmission investing $100 to have a look what they've done here and how realistic hitting is... particularly when it comes to having to watch the ball from the pitchers hand...

on what MasterBlaster76 has suggested, rather than batting from behind the batsman or above.... why not take the view from stump cam or the top of the stumps/make the batsman transparent... that way you can see short deliveries & full deliveries and watch the ball right out of the bowlers hand...

this needs to be improved somewhat before i even consider picking this game up again...

the variations of the medium pacers speed and your ability to pick these up quick enough out of the hand to adjust a shot is IMPOSSIBLE...

it seems batting is more based of where the ball is when you press the button, than the speed of the ball, the swing, the shot you're playing etc....

ie. To block a ball from a fast bowler, i need to press block the second the ball is released... in real life, the batsman wouldn't even have selected his shot... i shouldn't need to press until just before the bounce... a block has no backswing and thus the timing should be different to a timed or thrashing cover drive which, if you were attempting to play would be on a ball that you've seen is coming on a fuller length and is outside off stump... timed cover drive = little backswing, thrashing cover drive = big swing...

you should need to know your batsmen's intricacies and shot timings, in comparison with the ball timings to be able to play successfully... i should need to watch the ball from the hand to pick up the speed, length, line... chose a shot accordingly and play it with the correct timing to hit it...

a cover drive for instance, i should need to pick the length & line, ensure i get the batsman close enough to the line to play the ball, late timing might cause me to miss altogether or to catch an inside edge onto pad or stumps, whereas early timing or not getting close enough to the line of a ball swinging/cutting away might catch an outside edge...

yes, it should be hard... yes it will be a challenge, but cricket enthusiasts looking for a 'sim' will finally be happy... give them options to slow things down, increase hit %'s etc... to you can tailor it to suit you... so if you are a part timer and want to whack it around, or an avid cricket gamer that wants a hard sim, then you've got the ability to tune it to your desire....

**hopes his other suggestion is still being moderated... not shown up!**

further to my suggestion... using MasterBlaster76's idea of depressing the button for the backswing & shot power... rather than having your slog, block & ground options, utilise an attitude button instead... like aggressive, safe, balanced...

with each a tap of the button might just be a block, but depending on the situation within the game whether you play safe, aggressive or balanced shots could be something to include... where maybe towards the late overs of a close 1 day game the batsmen needs to be a little more careful when playing shots/timing as he is nervous etc...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread