Story A Tortoise's Journal [C2007] - AUS 380ao (TT 145*), POMS ONLY 315ao (IB 80*)

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
surendar said:
Tortoise played an crucial role...great! :) It will be interesting to see his funny stuffs in the field distracting the batsman may be :D

Top Story mate :clap
Timothy Tortoise is a batsman, and sneaks off the field as often as possible in true English spirit ;) He sleeps a lot while the team fields, except for when he bowls (never). Therefore he can't write a journal based on the team's fielding efforts, but can look at the scorecard afterwards and say what happened.

Note: This is a pretty poor excuse for the fact I can't bowl in this game and would rather autoplay the bowling side ;)

Last edited:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Short Leg said:
Fantastic innings by E. Xtras putting on 3rd top score there. I thought he was out of form but he seems to always get amongst the runs when England is envolved.

Haha. I guess you are doing comedy as well.

Nice knock by TT. Hopefully the Aussies will do what they did in real life in the first test

MWaugh

International Coach
he tassie since we seem to share the same views on warwick todd, i was wondering if you knew how many books his actually written? ive read the sub continent tour and the ashes. i dont know if there were any more. love the thread aswell man.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
MWaugh said:
he tassie since we seem to share the same views on warwick todd, i was wondering if you knew how many books his actually written? ive read the sub continent tour and the ashes. i dont know if there were any more. love the thread aswell man.
The only one I own is Warwick Todd Goes The Tonk, the latest one I think, but I've seen a couple of the old ones at a friend's place ages ago, can't remember what they were called. Rest assured, if I saw a different one in a shop, I'd have it :D

I'll give an update tomorrow to all my loyal (;)) readers.

Short Leg

International Cricketer
I think there was three which were Warwick Todd Goes The Tonk then The Warwick Todd Tour Diaries and then Back In The Baggy Green where he toured the sub continent. Some of the best books i've ever read with one of my favourite games being umpire Venkatraghavan Vs Australia where Todd gets fines for giving the umpire the finger after getting out LBW.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
The First Pommy Innings

The English went pretty slowly about it all, and as I so brilliantly put, they had more dots than a second-hand dartboard in their innings. I don't reckon I'll be invited to the English dressing rooms during the next lunch break.

Strauss and Vaughan hung around for a while, until Binga saw the end of that partnership as well courtesy of an absolute screamer of a catch, possibly the best catch you will ever see (as pictured). Sarfraz Clark ripped through Vaughan and Pietersen, and then his namesake, Pup, somehow bamboozled their trump card Flintoff, and then the Clark(e)s polished off the tail with a little help from the Pigeon.

t1i2p2ct8.jpg

I ended up taking three catches for the innings, and expect to see all three as part of Channel Nine's classic catches competition.

t1i2ly9.jpg

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Hopefully you'll make it into the Classic Catches section ;)

Nice bowling performance there :)

::SolidSnake::

Club Cricketer
OMG! I just bothered to read through it is pretty ammusing lol nice for a change hope you can get a few more ducks...your reflexs are probably to fast ;)

Users who are viewing this thread