Status
Not open for further replies.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Planetcricket Admin have received the following email from EA Cricket Producer Andrew Wilson regarding news of the possibility of a patch

When it comes to patching products, it is not about profit. We truly
want to offer the best game experience that we can. It is about
utilizing resources that will benefit the greatest amount of consumers.
Given that more than 95% of sales of Cricket have been console based, we
are still evaluating the value of using development staff to develop a
patch vs developing a new console product.

In the meantime, if you would like to send through the issues that the
PC community believe could be addressed in a patch, I will work through
them and take them into account as we review our options.

As you can see, the chances of a patch are unlikely, but we would like to submit to EA a list of the more pressing issues.

As I don't want to trawl through 350+ posts in the bugs thread, can anyone post the most pressing issues that need fixing in this thread.

However I don't want it to turn into another bugs thread, I just want a list of the most pressing issues that need fixing. Any posts considered irrelevant will be deleted

Finally of course, they might only want the list so they know what to fix in the next release, but that's life I guess........

i PM'ed EAUK_Sentience regarding a possibility of a patch and
he said that there may be one

Anyways,These are the Bugs/issues i noticed so far.

Before the BUGLIST. there is a TECHNICAL DIFFICULTY many people
have faced with.

Whenever they start the game. Some "MISSING TEXTURE" screen appears.
Here is a pic of the error :-

Now the BUGLIST.Words With BOLD are The Major BUGS and
are really annoying.

Here it goes :-

1. a test match, at the end of a days play, often shifts back to lunch on the same day, thus giving us two extra sessions of play. please fix this bug

2. please do something so that we can edit the starting lineups of teams, . At the moment, we can only edit the squads and not the starting lineups.
Now, Everytime We have to SWAP players before playing a match. ITS REALLY ANNOYING !!

3.bugs in the commentary.Sometimes Commentators call out wrong names/numbers/stats.

4. wrong batsmen is shown in close-ups often, and also sometimes in case of dismissals.

5. please fix the third umpire bug (the scoreboard updates itself before the decision is made and hence the suspence is lost)

6.please make finding the gaps a bit more easy, especially when a batsmen is set. (confidence meter is near full or full) .

7.please make scoring 1s, 2s and 3s more possible. Hitting 4s and 6s are WAY TOO EASY !

8.Whenever a ball hits the pads or any other part of the body. The ball goes A LONG WAY.
sometimes near the boundary. It Looks As If The Ball Has Hit The Bat.

9.Day/Night matches? There are either day matches or night matches, meaning that if it's a day match then the whole match will be played under the sun (which is the way it should be) and if it's night match then the whole match will be played under lights (which does not happen). I wish day/night were made to seem more real, i.e., the match starts under the sun and gradually the lights come on.

10.Bowlers can bowl MORE THAN THEIR ALLOTED OVERS IN ODI's.
For Example:- Bret Lee Once Bowled 14 Overs in a ODI.

Last edited:
this is already turning into a bugs thread. Zim said Major things

Things such as:
-Rain bug in tests (over starts back at ball one)
-Bowlers bowling more than allotment in ODIs
-Fielder's speed issue.
-Umpire decisions given away on scoreboard before cut scene

zimrahil said:
Planetcricket Admin have received the following email from EA Cricket Producer Andrew Wilson regarding news of the possibility of a patch

As you can see, the chances of a patch are unlikely, but we would like to submit to EA a list of the more pressing issues.

As I don't want to trawl through 350+ posts in the bugs thread, can anyone post the most pressing issues that need fixing in this thread.

However I don't want it to turn into another bugs thread, I just want a list of the most pressing issues that need fixing. Any posts considered irrelevant will be deleted

Finally of course, they might only want the list so they know what to fix in the next release, but that's life I guess........

Interesting...

Something's going on at EA, that's for sure. EALA(Developers of games such as Command & Conquer,etc) have turned over a new leaf and they're providing alot of support now for their games. Hopefully HB studios will do the same :)

Have a look here(Trust me, the guy who wrote that article is telling the truth :cool:)

Yes just to make myself perfectly clear, I didn't want to trawl through over 350 posts in the bugs thread, so I was hoping people who had posted regularly in that thread could list for me hear the more pressing issues that needed fixing

I don't want people posting bugs they personally find annoying (use the bugs thread), I want the major bugs that most people are complaining about please

Thanks

Zim this is to help you

Summary of bugs posted so far(only the important ones)

1)More than 10 overs bowled by a bowler in 50 overs ODI
2)Robot like fielding and misfields associated with the fielders(i.e-too many misfields)
3)Incorrect faces(Especially subcontinental)
4)Incorrect umpire decision's.

Hope this helps you,let me know.

Siddharth

Thanks to siddarth, f0bstyle etc who has posted the major bugs from the bugs thread. Everyone else was ignoring my requests so their posts have been deleted

I will close the thread soon and submit the major bugs to EA.

I think some people are getting confused with bugs and what was left out due to licenses....

These IMHO are the most important....

Bowlers bowling more than their allotted overs in ODI's & not bowling out 10 overs in one spell.

The test match bug where it reverts back to Day 1 after resuming a saved game on day 2.

We need an option to edit the line ups.

The AI need tweaking slightly so more 4's and 6's can be hit slightly more often than they actually are.

The commentary needs sorting to actually match the incident.

The missing texture.

Steve S.

oh another "inconvenience"

There should be a way to configure our controller to our own specifications

Also, the "new-ball" problem that i've heard about in tests: Not getting offered a new ball except for once randomly in hte 100+ overs. There should be an option that appears after the 80th over that says "take new ball"

No was awaiting the list of major bugs to be listed in this thread.

Will put something together then we will submit it to Ea - don't hold your breath

The AI bowls far too many deliveries on the middle and leg stump. That needs some tweaking too.

jk16_4 said:
i PM'ed EAUK_Sentience regarding a possibility of a patch and
he said that there may be one

Anyways,These are the Bugs/issues i noticed so far.

Before the BUGLIST. there is a TECHNICAL DIFFICULTY many people
have faced with.

Whenever they start the game. Some "MISSING TEXTURE" screen appears.
Here is a pic of the error :-

Now the BUGLIST.Words With BOLD are The Major BUGS and
are really annoying.

Here it goes :-

1. a test match, at the end of a days play, often shifts back to lunch on the same day, thus giving us two extra sessions of play. please fix this bug

2. please do something so that we can edit the starting lineups of teams, . At the moment, we can only edit the squads and not the starting lineups.
Now, Everytime We have to SWAP players before playing a match. ITS REALLY ANNOYING !!

3.bugs in the commentary.Sometimes Commentators call out wrong names/numbers/stats.

4. wrong batsmen is shown in close-ups often, and also sometimes in case of dismissals.

5. please fix the third umpire bug (the scoreboard updates itself before the decision is made and hence the suspence is lost)

6.please make finding the gaps a bit more easy, especially when a batsmen is set. (confidence meter is near full or full) .

7.please make scoring 1s, 2s and 3s more possible. Hitting 4s and 6s are WAY TOO EASY !

8.Whenever a ball hits the pads or any other part of the body. The ball goes A LONG WAY.
sometimes near the boundary. It Looks As If The Ball Has Hit The Bat.

9.Day/Night matches? There are either day matches or night matches, meaning that if it's a day match then the whole match will be played under the sun (which is the way it should be) and if it's night match then the whole match will be played under lights (which does not happen). I wish day/night were made to seem more real, i.e., the match starts under the sun and gradually the lights come on.

10.Bowlers can bowl MORE THAN THEIR ALLOTED OVERS IN ODI's.
For Example:- Bret Lee Once Bowled 14 Overs in a ODI.

I had the same problem man..but thats when was playing on meachine that has 32 mb VGA.. but when palyed it on a PC which has 64mb VGA it just works greate .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread