Story ABN-AMRO Twenty-20 Cup 2005-06 [BLIC PS2]

Guys, I just had a thought.

Since I have the BLIC Demo on PC, do you think it would be possible for me to play the ABN-AMRO Cup with the demo?
I know I can use the Demo Expander to expand the demo to a maximum of 50 overs per innings and change the kits, but can you also change the names/faces, TV Overlays, etc?

I'm asking because a while ago I changed the faces of the players in the demo, but as soon as the game started I encountered the same problem that edgar posted in his own thread:

502kp.jpg

strange7dh.jpg

As you can see, this is a really strange bug! I'm thinking that perhaps the faces can't be changed in the demo? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

ci_logo_106x39.gif

PCB MAKE PLANS FOR POST ABN-AMRO CUP MATCHES

cricinfo.com The Pakistan Cricket Board released a statement today concerning domestic fixtures in Pakistan after the ABN-AMRO Twenty-20 Cup:

"Needless to say that the ABN-AMRO Cup has been a huge success throughout the country. But now as the Cup draws towards its end, we must look forward to the future and see what this summer has in store for our domestic teams.

First of all, the PCB have been holding talks with the ICB and we are delighted to announce that the ABN-AMRO Cup champions this year, whoever they may be, will get to play India in a special charity-based 4 day Test match. This fixture will take place at Mumbai in July, shortly after the ABN-AMRO Cup finishes. Tickets will be available soon.

Then in August the six Pakistani domestic teams will meet up again to participate in the ABN-AMRO ODI Tournament 2006. This tournament will follow a knockout format, making every game a important and crucial match. Obviously the bigger names from the domestic squads will be missing as the Pakistan international team would be in England at that moment of time, but this is in fact an advantage as it would give younger and lesser known players to shine on the ODI stage.

We at the PCB are looking forward to an intense, exciting summer full of cricket action in Pakistan. Good luck to all the teams participating in the ABN-AMRO Twenty-20 Cup, and we look forward to watching them play again in August."

cha-tensports.jpg

d.jpg

Rameez Raja: Welcome to all our viewers! We are back at the Gaddafi Stadium tonight to watch the Lahore Lions take on the Karachi Dolphins. The Lions have been in great form recently and are in a position to win the Cup, whereas the Dolphins have had a terrible streak of losses recently. If they can topple the former champions tonight, then it really will lift morale and confidence for the Dolphins.
Well, news from the bottom in that the Dolphins have won the toss and decided to bat first. We'll have to wait and see if this was the right decision as this pitch plays a bit differently to the one in Karachi. Don't go away- We'll be back in just a moment with all the action!

KARACHI DOLPHINS 1st INNINGS

DSCF0038.jpg

Rashid Latif: The Dolphins' openers came out to bat with an air of confidence about them. With fielding restrictions in effect for the first six overs, the batsmen intended to take full advantage of the attacking field and attempt to slog it over the ropes.
Sabir and Latif got off to a brilliant start, scoring a massive 29 runs off Razzaq's opening over. They then continued to dictate the pace with an unbelievable run rate of 25.00! The Dolphins' magical start didn't last forever though, Sabir eventually getting ahead of himself and lofting a slower ball from Haider straight into Razzaq's safe hands. The Karachi opener left for a well-played 40 off 13 balls.
Latif was still at the crease and he showed the Lions' bowlers no mercy! He was determinded to get as many runs off the first six overs (that was how long the fielding restrictions would last) as possible. On the last ball of the third over, with the score at an awe-inspiring 91-1, Latif managed to register the fastest 50 ever in Twenty-20 cricket!

Latif50.jpg

Rashid Latif: Latif was eventually dismissed by Butt, but the damage had already been done. The score was 149-2 (it was only the sixth over!) and the Dolphins' superstar left for a astounding 63 off 15 balls. Nawaz and Iqbal kept the good work going, continuously punishing the bowlers even after the fielding restrictions were lifted. Nawaz was the next man to get a well-deserved 50, the feat taking him only 15 balls!

Nawaz50.jpg

Rashid Latif: The Lions finally struck again, this time dismissing Nawaz who was in the 90s. The Dolphins' batsman was angry at himself for playing such a loose shot, especially since he was so close to scoring a 100. On the flip side of things, the Dolphins were cruisng at 233-3 with a run rate of 20+! Iqbal kept playing aggresively and became the third player of the innings to register a half-century.

Iqbal50b.jpg

Rashid Latif: Iqbal was the next to go (leaving for a superb 66 off 25 balls) but after that some strong middle-order batting meant that the Dolphins crossed the magical 300 mark without losing another wicket. And there were still five overs to spare! Alam and Kamal perished before Ayaz and Uddin put up a brilliant 72-run partnership in the last few overs that saw the Dolphins through to a world record of 375-6 off their 20 overs!
Wow, what a score! What spectacular batting from the Dolphins- they really shouldn't lose the match from here. And so, a quick look at the scorecards:

scorecard37.jpg

375 in 20 overs is the best total i ve ever seen so for!!! Everyone played superbly!!!

This advertisment is bought to you by
cha-tensports.jpg

CRICKET IN PAKISTAN
WHAT'S IN STORE FOR SUMMER 'O6...

PakvInd.jpg

Left_Hander said:
Talk about aggressive batting. Good work Blazer :).
surendar said:
375 in 20 overs is the best total i ve ever seen so for!!! Everyone played superbly!!!

Thanks guys! Stay tuned for the second innings, I promise there'll be more action and drama!
Next update will be posted this afternoon hopefully.

cha-tensports.jpg

Aamer Sohail: The Lahore Lions had a massive task in front of them if they wanted to come anywhere near the Dolphins' huge total of 375. But who better to lead the chase than two experienced Pakistani internationals, Kamran Akmal and Imran Farhat?

AkmalArrival.jpg
Kamran Akmal was the perfect batsman to get the Lions' off to a steady start

Aamer Sohail:
Well, the Gaddafi Stadium was buzzing- everyone was expecting an exciting and competitive innings from the Lions. But no one was prepared for what was in store the very first ball of the innings- Ayaz was the bowler; he pitched the ball up and Akmal horribly mistimed a cover drive, sending the ball straight into Iqbal's hands! The Pakistani wicketkeeper, who had scored an amazing century in the last match, left for a golden duck!
This definately was the worst start possible for the Lions, but it quickly got worse as Farhat and skipper Razzaq were dimissed soon afterwards, leaving the Lions in all sorts of trouble with the score at 41-3. Luckily for them though, Mohammad Yousuf stayed at the crease and helped his team out of trouble.

Yousuf50b.jpg

Aamer Sohail: MoYo scored a crucial 50 that saved the Lions from crashing to a low score, and after he was dismissed (for 52 off 16 balls) his partner Malik kept the good work going. Keeping up with the required run rate definately wasn't easy, but Malik went after the bowlers fearlessly and was soon rewarded with a 50.

Malik50.jpg

Hawkeye8.jpg
Malik punished all the bowlers with his aggressive hitting!

Aamer Sohail: Even as wickets continued to fall around him, Malik continued to slog the ball around the park. Whilst he remained at the crease, the Lions had a definate chance of winning. No bowler could stop his onslaught, and it was with a devastating six that Malik scored the fastest 100 ever in Twenty-20 cricket, beating team-mate Kamran Akmal's record!

Malik100.jpg

Aamer Sohail: Malik's devastating hitting continued and if he could've have stayed at the crease until the last few overs, then victory would've been in Lahore's hands, but he was finally dismissed trying to slog one over mid-off, leaving for a very well-made 135 off 38 balls. There wasn't much resistance from other batsmen until Butt came in at no.9. Tailender he may be, he wasted no time in getting the Lions past the 300 mark. They were still in with a chance of winning this game, but a brilliant maiden over from Uddin meant that the task was that much harder for the batsmen. Eventually it came down to the last over, where the Lions needed an improbable 30 runs off 6 balls to win. The task proved to be too great for the Lions and were bowled out for a gritty 339.
Well, it was said at the end of the Dolphins' innings that they basically had this one in the bag after a great performance, but credit must go to the Lions as they tried their hardest to reach the required total. In the end it turned out to be a competitive and exciting game that I'm sure everyone enjoyed. So, one quick look at the scorecards before we head back to the TenSports stuido:

scorecard38.jpg

Last edited:
just a few runs short, anyway seems the game is too easy for you. Keep up the big hitting, good change from a boring game of only 2 runs per over.

ci_logo_106x39.gif

IMRAN KHAN UNHAPPY WITH HIGH-SCORING RUN FEAST

cricinfo.com Former Pakistani captain and World Cup winner, Imran Khan hit out at the PCB last night, complaining about the standards of Twenty-20 cricket in the country.
"This is simply ridiculous. First of all, I don't understand the point of having fiedling restrictions in a twenty over match; it just goes onto make the game even more in favour of the batsmen than the bowlers. Secondly, I am curious to see what kind of groundsmen the PCB have hired. When both teams are easily able to score 300 plus runs in twenty overs, then clearly they are playing on a dead, flat track. Once again this is a factor that makes this game pro-batsmen. Sure, this form of cricket is to promote big hitting and exciting matches, but when even the country's top bowlers such as Shoaib, Sami and Asif struggle to take wickets in such matches than there is something clearly wrong. This high scoring game between Lahore and Karachi reminds me of the Pakistan-India series last year when the groundsmen created such a dead pitch that both teams scored in excess of 500 runs. The PCB need to do something about the matter; this is a big problem. If teams can score such big scores with ease, then I'm afraid we are losing the excitement and drama behind the game of cricket."

2004-11-11__sports02.jpg
Imran Khan: Unhappy with Twenty-20 cricket in Pakistan.

I would have to agree with Imran Kahn. When runs come to fast all the time the game loses its appeal.

cha-tensports.jpg

e.jpg

Rammez Raja: A very warm welcome to all our viewers! Tonight's match see's the struggling Rawalpindi Rams take on the mighty Multan Tigers. It should be an interesting match, as both teams have several experienced Pakistani internationals. But before we move onto the match itself, I would like to spend a few moments talking about the drama that has been unfolding here at the Gaddafi Stadium during the last few days. As you may have heard, several Pakistani superstars, including Imran Khan, voiced their concern about the standards of the Twenty-20 cricket after the high-scoring match between the Lions and the Dolphins. Well, it seems like the PCB have listened to these views very seriously as tonight's pitch is very green. It's definately a bowler's pitch, and there should be quite a lot of movement for the seam bowlers. I myself am not a huge fan of this sudden change to the pitch type, but we'll have to wait and see how the batsmen adapt to it.
Speaking of which, news from below is that Inzi has won the toss and the Tigers will be batting first. We'll be back after the break with all the action!

MULTAN TIGERS 1st INNINGS

Aamer Sohail: Well, just look at what the groundsmen have cooked up for us! This is a green wicket and definately a bowler's paradise. Even with the field restrictions it won't be easy to score runs on this pitch. The Tigers' openers will be well aware of this as they come out to bat; they must play carefully and focused, otherwise the likes of Shoaib Akhtar will tear through the batting order.

ShafiqArrival.jpg
Shafiq has a very impressive average and strike rate in the Twenty-20 Cup.

Aamer Sohail: The Tigers started off steadily, guiding the ball through the gaps. However if there was a bad ball, the batsmen wasted no time in dispatching it over the ropes for a six. Saeed soon got the breakthrough though, tricking the batsman to come down the ground and hit a big one, and Tariq mistimed the slog and sent the ball straight into Akhtar's hands. Shafiq fell the next over, misjudging Danish Kaneria's doosra and edging it straight into Ashraf's hands. With both openers gone, the skipper Inzamam hoped to stay at the crease and calm things down. Kaneria had other plans however, and kept the pressure on Hussain by bowling two dot balls, before the batsman got frustrated and tried to hit out, sending the ball into Akhtar's safe hands. Hussain left for a duck! Shoaib Akhtar came charging in the next over, and bowled a deadly bouncer to Inzi, the skipper trying to pull it away to the boundary but instead getting a thick outside edge and being caught by the wicketkeeper!

Greatcatch.jpg

Aamer Sohail: Saeed Anwar Jnr. was the next man in and the Rawalpindi Express came hurtling in again. An outswinging 103 mph ball caught Anwar Jnr. completely off guard, as he played the stroke too late and edged the ball back to the keeper! The Rams jumped up in joy and Akhtar did his familiar albatross celebration.

AnwarDeparture.jpg

Aamer Sohail: It got bad to worse for the Tigers as their batsmen failed to cope with the Rams' bowling attack. Naeem and Tanvir worked together to frustrate the batsmen (at the 10 over mark the run rate was only 5.80!) and were rewarded with 3 wickets between them as the Tigers hopelessly hit out in an attempt to raise the runrate. Multan eventually crashed to a terrible total of 86, their highest scorer being opener Shafiq with 24 runs. Paceman Akhtar ended the innings with excellent figures of 3-8. Kaneria, although a bit expensive, ended with 2-28.

Akhtar%20after%20taking%20wicket%20of%20sachin1.jpg
Shoaib Akhtar was too good for the Tigers' batsmen.

Well, seems like the PCB's plan to improve pitches has backfired- This is most certainly the lowest score ever in the ABN-AMRO Twenty-20 Cup! The batsmen must be feeling outraged at the moment, especially since this is a crucial time in the Cup. Well, let's have a look at the scorecard to reconfirm what we just saw:

scorecard39.jpg

cha-tensports.jpg

RAWALPINDI RAMS 1st INNINGS

Aamer Sohail: The Rams had the relatively easy task of chasing down 84 runs in 20 overs at a run rate of 4.20 per over. But as we've just seen, this is a green wicket that is turning for both the pacemen and the spinners, so we'll have to see how the Rams' openers deal with the situation.

NaeemArrival2.jpg
Naeem has to play carefully to guide his team to victory.

Aamer Sohail: The openers just needed to time the ball carefully and nudge the ball through the gaps and that's exactly what they did. They didn't play any rash shots or try going for sixes even when the bowlers put the pressure on them by bowling a few dot balls. Slowly but surely, the Rams moved towards their target and the Tigers were desperate for a few wickets. But the openers did not give them a single chance, switching from a defensive mood (especially when the spinners were on and the pitch was providing some uneven bounce and turn) to an agressive mood (when the lesser-skilled bowlers were on). The Rams eventually cruised to victory with six overs to spare. Well, well played by the Rawalpindi Rams. They have become the first team in the ABN-AMRO Twenty-20 Cup to win by ten wickets!
This might have been a rather, let's say...interesting match, but credit to the Rams' openers- They played very carefully to reach the target without losing any wickets. So a final look at the scorecard before we head back to the TenSports studio.

scorecard40.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread