• Total voters

vibs89

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Schedule

May 1 ? Sri Lanka v India
May 2 ? Sri Lanka v Pakistan
May 3 ? India v Pakistan

Veteran Indian players will participate in an unofficial tri-series involving Pakistan and Sri Lanka to be held in Abu Dhabi from May 1 to 3. The event, which is approved by the International Cricket Council and held to provide aid to the tsunami victims, would be the first at the new Sheikh Zayed cricket stadium.

Unlike the Pakistan and Sri Lankan teams, which will be led by Inzamam-ul-Haq and Marvan Atapattu respectively, India chose to sent a team packed with veterans. The tournament will be played on a league basis with each team playing each other once.

"We were unable to get top Indian players like Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid, so we took the help of former captain Kapil Dev to raise a team for our event," Ravi Pandit, an Abu Dhabi cricket official, was quoted in AFP. "The exact composition of the Indian team is not known but I can confirm that former players like Robin Singh, Sunil Joshi and Ajay Jadeja will take part."

According to Pandit, Sri Lanka and Pakistan would play their top players. This is the second time that India seniors have turned down to play in Abu Dhabi owning to a directive from the government to avoid off-shore venues after the match-fixing scandal in March 2000.

Sri Lanka Squad
Squad Marvan Atapattu (capt), Mahela Jayawardene, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Avishka Gunawardene, Michael Vandort, Russel Arnold, Shantha Kalavitigoda, Gayan Wijekoon, Suraj Mohamed, Lasith Malinga, Ruchira Perera, Malinga Bandara, Nandika Ranjith

Last edited:

vibs89

School Cricketer
indiancricketer said:
when is this starting these series?

Didn't you read the Schedule. Starts from May 1 and ends in May 3. Just about few days to start the series.

vibs89

School Cricketer
Today is 27th April so about 4 days to go and that to it is this Sunday Guys. Also i request the moderater to put this tread as a sticky. Thank You.

Dhoni

School Cricketer
yup me too man. I want India to win. I love India!!! HINDUSATN ZINDIABAD

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
Kapil Dev in the Indian team against a full strength Pakistan and SriLanka side? You are as realistic as the Pakistanis who were saying we would win 3-0 in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:

dayne

Club Cricketer
lil bit of topic, but zorax, whereabouts in the UAE are you mate? anychance that you could have been to saudi arabia? lol, my dad is there, havent seen him in years, just wondering...

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
going to be a great game...indian veterans playing.....will be fun to watch

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
dayne said:
lil bit of topic, but zorax, whereabouts in the UAE are you mate? anychance that you could have been to saudi arabia? lol, my dad is there, havent seen him in years, just wondering...
Haven't been to Saudi Arabia, and I live in Dubai(Bur Dubai).

pal

International Coach
kapil dev - 250* and 9/3

after his amazing performance, kapil dev is selected back into the indian team and made the captain, reinspiring the team, he wins back to back world cups and dies during a drink break drinking coke at age 94.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread