AC09 BIG Editor v1.0

so could you give the model in some other format that supports all the things you mentioned?
As I said before...
I don't know much about 3D model formats so I'm not sure how to put this all together so that it can be edited.

If anyone does, feel free to post here. I'll share what I know about the model files.

put it in the Blender :p

Blender

sachin_rocks added 10 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

As I said before...

If anyone does, feel free to post here. I'll share what I know about the model files.

Did you try the .3ds format ? if yes also try .x the directx format :)

No, I'm not familiar with the 3ds or x format. To convert raw vertex data to 3ds or x formats, I'd have to figure those formats out. As I said before, I am not familiar with them so I can't convert the raw data to those formats due to my lack of familiarity with 3d model formats except obj. And, I don't have the time to invest in learning about them.

No, I'm not familiar with the 3ds or x format. To convert raw vertex data to 3ds or x formats, I'd have to figure those formats out. As I said before, I am not familiar with them so I can't convert the raw data to those formats due to my lack of familiarity with 3d model formats except obj. And, I don't have the time to invest in learning about them.

so what format is the 3d model in the big archive or have you just converted the raw vertex data in the big archive?

They contain the vertex declaration format, number of vertices, number of indices, vertex data, indices, etc. Its not in a format that you can just open in 3ds max or Blender and start editing. Its stored in a format that the game developers, or the developers of their rendering engine created.

They contain the vertex declaration format, number of vertices, number of indices, vertex data, indices, etc. Its not in a format that you can just open in 3ds max or Blender and start editing. Its stored in a format that the game developers, or the developers of their rendering engine created.

so which language you use to convert it? c++

It can be done in any language. I programmed it in C.

So how can we edit those files?

what? the raw vertex data first needs to be converted into a 3d model format that requires knowledge of a programming language(c,c++) and knowledge of the 3d model format that you want to convert to.
current scenario abbh has knowledge of programming but only has knowledge of the .obj 3d format which will not work for converting (for the technical reasons if you understand) :)

but you can always edit the .obj file(click import file and then select .obj in blender) abbh gave for a bit of fun and practice:p

It is time for the final release. I couldn't include the all features that were requested, unfortunately. I've fixed some minor bugs which went unnoticed till now. Exporting of multiple files and directories has been added. And, I've added command line support to the editor with support for extracting and replacing files. I haven't included automatic importing of files through the user interface, as Kshitiz has said he wants to develop an auto mod installer and manager for AC09. It should make installation of patches easier. You can also create your own mod installers, if you can program or know how to create batch files. Details on how the command line parameters work are in the readme file.

I don't have time to release any more updates, but if there are any critical bugs then post a detailed report and I'll try to fix them asap.

It is time for the final release. I couldn't include the all features that were requested, unfortunately. I've fixed some minor bugs which went unnoticed till now. Exporting of multiple files and directories has been added. And, I've added command line support to the editor with support for extracting and replacing files. I haven't included automatic importing of files through the user interface, as Kshitiz has said he wants to develop an auto mod installer and manager for AC09. It should make installation of patches easier. You can also create your own mod installers, if you can program or know how to create batch files. Details on how the command line parameters work are in the readme file.

I don't have time to release any more updates, but if there are any critical bugs then post a detailed report and I'll try to fix them asap.

Will it have the ability to edit models? Just wondering?

It doesn't. I discussed the issues with it on the previous page. I don't have the time to work on it by myself any longer. But if someone can help, it might be added in a future version.

It has been released. Link in first post.

do we still need UAC enabled? i turned mine off and it my computer runs much faster.

when i'm trying to open global textpack it's showing a read error n i'm not able to open that file. can u help me out with?

shirin.bmw added 3 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

when i'm trying to open global textpack it's showing a read error n i'm not able to open that file. can u help me out with?

hey that's solved i had replaced my gdata file n it's working now..

Users who are viewing this thread