AC09 BIG Editor v1.0

It takes time for new members to learn.:yes

Also a bug- Whenever I import anything the editor gets stuck and I have to use Ctrl Alt Del to close it. It doesnt happen all the time just sometimes and it is a problem which was prevalent in earlier versions too.

Last edited:
AbBh When i open global textpack for replacing the Shirt Detail Patch which Made By Shrenik it says read error And It Exits :(

Great work with the editor :)
However, I'm trying to use SRK's cloth detail patch, but when I try and open the global.texpack, it says 'bad allocation' and the BIG Editor crashes :noway
Any ideas?

Great work with the editor :)
However, I'm trying to use SRK's cloth detail patch, but when I try and open the global.texpack, it says 'bad allocation' and the BIG Editor crashes :noway
Any ideas?

using the previous version of editor has corrupted your gdata.wad so extract the gdata.wad from your dvd and replace it with current it will work fine

It's been a while since I've been on here and I'm using the new BIG editor for the first time (great stuff AbBh:clap).

Quick question...How do I replace the global.db file within the startup.wad/startup/database folder? I get no option to extract or replace it when I navigate to it. I want to edit some field settings.

Please don't say I have to replace the whole async.big.w32 file with the original as I'll lose all the kit imports I've done using the old editor:eek:.

Thanks in advance.

jonah added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Forget that - trying to open the wrong global file....muppet:doh

using the previous version of editor has corrupted your gdata.wad so extract the gdata.wad from your dvd and replace it with current it will work fine

Can you please expand on that?
I've tried opening the async from my DVD, but it says 'failed to open/create' :(

Can you please expand on that?
I've tried opening the async from my DVD, but it says 'failed to open/create' :(

ok go to your installation folder(ac09) go to final folder rename the original file async.big.w32.bak then copy the the async.big.w32 from the dvd to the final folder then open big editor extract the gdata.wad delete the async.big.w32 file and rename the async.big.w32.bak file back to async.big.w32 then open big ediotor fo to gdata.wad and replace it with the extracted one:)

ok go to your installation folder(ac09) go to final folder rename the original file async.big.w32.bak then copy the the async.big.w32 from the dvd to the final folder then open big editor extract the gdata.wad delete the async.big.w32 file and rename the async.big.w32.bak file back to async.big.w32 then open big ediotor fo to gdata.wad and replace it with the extracted one:)

Right. So essentially I need to copy the async from the DVD and then extract. Thanks.

singhy44 added 9 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

I'm now getting 'read error' when I try to open global.texpack :crying

You need to backup async.big.w32 to your hard disk from the DVD. Open it using the editor. In the editor, click on File -> Open Archive and select the backup. Extract gdata.wad. Then open the async.big.w32 that is the directory where you installed the game. Replace the gdata.wad file with the one you extracted from the backup copy.
If you are using the latest version and this isn't working, you are doing something wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread