AC09 file formats

Ok, I'll reveal my secret. I'm using a program called "Win32 BIG file editor".

Oh That one, isnt it outdated ?

( I was joking , i really respect AbBh for the hard work that he has put in & i don't mock whom i respect )

Last edited:

Ha ha ha!!

The open beta looks good, doesn't it, AbBh? Come the full patch, we can see what you can do with sound and graphics (you don't need to do a great deal, if anything, to the gameplay now.) :happy

Yeah, the patch is shaping up to be good. I believe that the purpose of 3rd party modifications is to enhance the game rather than fix the bugs. Its good to see the devs taking care of the bugs.

hey can any one please give a file list and tutorials about editing....

Oooh I love that program! I use it often. I especially like the feature: Add A Red Herring Mode and Insert Gullible Factor Here!:)

any improvements in editing the game ?

Nothing significant. I've coded a sound exporter but that was the simplest task. Working on a simple sound importer now which should be done with soon. I had coded a much better importer which I lost in the crash. It was compatible with the textures as well.

Hey Abbh,
Can you tell us that what format of files does the Async.big.w32 contains?

Sound files are in FSB format which contains compressed wav files. The textures etc are compressed in a format that is to be determined.

What I want to know is has anyone actually managed to get new sounds/gfx into the full game, without it falling on its face?

So I'm guessing theres no way of keeping kits etc in the game without having to do that textmod thing?

Anyway this sound importer does it mean we can get new stump sounds? the current ones are bad.

What I want to know is has anyone actually managed to get new sounds/gfx into the full game, without it falling on its face?

Yeah, sure. Graphics are lot more complicated so they'll take more time.

Anyway this sound importer does it mean we can get new stump sounds? the current ones are bad.

Yeah, if you have stump sounds or someone else makes a patch. I don't really have any sounds. I replaced Shane Warne's commentary with Microsoft Sam for testing. His insight on the game is quite fascinating.

LMAO!

Microsoft sam is win, I'm sure someone can make new stump sounds, I think I remember a few people posting cricket 07 wickets but they dubbed sound over from live matches.

Any idea how to import kits? Does textmod require you to do it everytime?

LMAO!

Microsoft sam is win, I'm sure someone can make new stump sounds, I think I remember a few people posting cricket 07 wickets but they dubbed sound over from live matches.

Any idea how to import kits? Does textmod require you to do it everytime?

lol don't worry about the sound, i'll get some perfect sounds for the stumps. Anyways, has anyone knocked off the stumps yet? i hate that there are no flying stumps in the game. Is there any way someone can add it in?

Users who are viewing this thread