AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

There should be 1 more feature what i think about ...
There should be missed shots (means the bat is swung but the ball is carry through to the keeper and huge noise of crowd all around) :)

Very excited that they are going to include a quitter rating and save stats from the quit games, they actually listened to what we had to say, hell surely must be freezing over.

has the power of advance shots reduced and has the fielders misfielding reduced?

also will it allow chance of creating a tournament earlier when the real patch comes?

Excellent patch...But!

Hey,
This is an excellent patch.:):):)
This patch made me come back to the game. I had the game installed but was not really playing it.

I'm amazed, Feels like im playing an entirely new game.

I do have a concern. I would love if computer varies the length of the ball a little more often.

Game experience is weird when computer bowls all 6 balls on the same spot.

I have played many overs and computer would bowl at the same spot time and again.

What i'm saying is:

Over 1: 6 balls all full, So i take my hand off "Down arrow Key & right arrow key" and stick to left arrow key to block. I'm mentally prepared that all balls are going to be full and annoyingly they actually are.

Over 2: 4 balls good length and 2 just short of good length (giving impression that are good length)

I would love if the final patch version takes care of this or an explanation from someone...

Thanks.

There hasn't been a single game in the history which hasn't been cracked..how can you be so sure that this one won't get cracked :)

A game has to be reasonably popular for a group to spend its time & energy into cracking it. I don't think that anybody is going to spend its precious time to crack Cricket ( which has a relatively niche audience )

All in all ( God Forbid ) even if the game gets cracked i just wish that pirates are not able to use the online function , which is the best feature of the game :) .

I hate pirates , they are thieves !!

A game has to be reasonably popular for a group to spend its time & energy into cracking it. I don't think that anybody is going to spend its precious time to crack Cricket ( which has a relatively niche audience )

All in all ( God Forbid ) even if the game gets cracked i just wish that pirates are not able to use the online function , which is the best feature of the game :) .

I hate pirates , they are thieves !!

Said by a person who prolly purchased the legit game for the first time seeing a 500rs tag (Dont get me wrong but your attitude sure reflect this)

Said by a person who prolly purchased the legit game for the first time seeing a 500rs tag (Dont get me wrong but your attitude sure reflect this)

Said by a person who is extremely guilty conscious of pirating a Rs.500 game

Said by a person who is extremely guilty conscious of pirating a Rs.500 game

Bro maximum of the online games I play are legit because my cuz abroad bought them and email me the CD-key
And regarding AC09 I swear if it was available in my area for 500rs I would have bought that (still if it become available in that price I will be getting it as 500rs is equal to my 3 days allowance).

Last edited:
My Impressions

First, congrates to Transmission (& Codies) for supplying a patch.

Impressions:
had the game installed but was heading to the stopped playing pile. Installed patch and wow. Totally different game! Only have played test so far on hard.

Good:
Batting - much better. Playing your shot from the bowlers hand took some time to get used to, but isn't that what we do in real cricket? I played some time on auto shot selection and the chose by AI still not quite right. Playing across line less forgiving - good. And not every 'perfect' shot hits the boundary.
Bowling has improved, much, much more enjoyable and challenging.
No more stutter - had annoying stutter/jerkyness when fielder was running after ball - smoother.
Adding AA great.
Edges improved but I still think could be better. Genuine edges still 'feel' like dolley's (if you know what I mean).
Run outs seem to be fixed - AI maybe over cautious.
Run rates closer to realism.

Bad:
Field placings. Some odd fields by AI or maybe default fields just stink.
Have now got an incredible slow down in the controller menu that never had before. Screen frame rate is like 1 frame per every 20 seconds. Took forever to move down to select joystick as controller. Thankfully won't have to go through that again.
Also, when I select play online, nothing happens. Is this normal after patch? And yes I do have a legal purchased retail version of the game!

One thing I'd like to ask is: do the different cricket grounds have different physics? (if that's the right word). What I mean is some grounds have slower or faster outfields and is this applied to Ashes 09?

*Forgot - this was there in pre-patched version and I think it's probably just personal preference but I don't like how the camera follows the ball down the pitch. I'd like a static camera for the balls to keeper, etc.*

Overall the beta patch has renewed my faith. Thanks again to TM & Codies and of course all the guys at PlanetCricket. Well Done!:):):)

Last edited:
Just to answer your online question it's disabled for the first beta as some issues were still being ironed out. It will be enabled in the second beta due for release next week.

One thing I'd like to ask is: do the different cricket grounds have different physics? (if that's the right word). What I mean is some grounds have slower or faster outfields and is this applied to Ashes 09?

Actually, a member posted somewhere on the forums about how he picked up on the difference bounce on pitches. Eg. The bounce on one of the Australian pitches is higher than those from an English pitch.

As for the outfields, I'm not too sure. Though I'm sure someone else can answer that.

Actually, a member posted somewhere on the forums about how he picked up on the difference bounce on pitches. Eg. The bounce on one of the Australian pitches is higher than those from an English pitch.

As Shane Warne once said: "It doesn't matter how many variations you have, it's how many the batsmen think you have that counts."

Users who are viewing this thread