AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

I always found that if i used attacking 5 it was, with the cover area open. They normally got around 350. As they played sensibly then played the odd cracking drive!

anythin close in on the offside seems to stuff them!

I've had a man catching at cover most of the time and not one of those 'almost impossible but always get taken' low catches have happened after the first beta.

The only thing that I hate about the game is that you are equally likely to be given out when trying to work out a single, as you are when trying to loft the ball.
The "good timing" zone needs widening for shots along the ground, and narrowing for lofted shots.

The only thing that I hate about the game is that you are equally likely to be given out when trying to work out a single, as you are when trying to loft the ball.
The "good timing" zone needs widening for shots along the ground, and narrowing for lofted shots.

I agree with that.

Yea.. defensive / attacking / lofted shots, all seem to have same size of ideal timing window which I think isn't correct. Defensive shots should be easier to play in fact much easier(unless you try to open the face of the bat ie).

Also, can anyone tell if bat-pads are there in the patched game or not?

How about the power of lofted shots is reduced, and the general placement stat for every batsman is reduced, that would make them a lot less safe, as well as making it slightly harder to time. Maybe the cone might widen to halfway between the standard and the advancing.

I am glad that some have agreed with what I had to say, I hope that they fix this in the patch.
I find it very irritating that a 'set' batsman outside edges an on-drive,to a ball pitching on leg stump, to the keeper while trying to work out a single.
It should be (significantly) easier to get a single, and more difficult to loft and get a boundary.

this game has blanked over my cd game and now won't let let me reinstall it

this game has blanked over my cd game and now won't let let me reinstall it

It can't have blanked your CD.

There is an issue with the "Uninstall Ashes Cricket 2009" button on the autorun on the disk though. Are you getting an error when you try to reinstall?

This is a very good idea to reduce the timing zone for lofted shots and increase it for gorund and defensive shots. Very good idea.

Ok here is my feedback after playing a few games during the past few days:

Overall - The changes in this Beta patch have improved the game 10fold. The ball now swings/spins/cuts/bounces/carries quite realisticly and along the improved visuals (AA) the Game just 'feels' right now - it's hard to describe but I think people who have played the beta patch may know what I'm talking about - although it still has potential to be improved futher - which is great

Graphics -Just turned the 4xAA on and it makes a huge difference - gorgeous graphics - very impressive

Batting gameplay - I think the main priority to address is the lofted shots (as a lot of people have already mentioned). I know there is a whole 'risk/reward' mantra to the game which is great but it is slightly imbalanced for lofted shots especially on Hard - a lofted shot for six should require better timing than the current level. I think stevies game against Ireland which he posted details of demonstrates this well. It would be great if this can be fixed by TG.

Bowling - I really enjoy bowling especially now with the more realistic ball physics including the bounce and good length areas. Bowled and LBW dismisals are now more common and there is always a sense of a wicket just being around the corner especially with a new ball that is swinging. The only think that I believe could be tweaked is the amount of spin that occurs. If this is reduced slightly then we will have a near perfect bowling system.

Fielding - The only feedback I can provide here is that the AI still drops too many catches.

So thats my 2 cents on the Beta patch - In summary:
-reduce impact of poorly timed lofted shots
- reduce amount of spin
- Improve AI catching

Users who are viewing this thread