AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

Has anyone noticed flight/drift for spinners since Beta? If so, how do you get that effect?

Credit to Simran3 for this:

Revo Uninstaller - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

I was having the 1605 error in Win 7, but after running this software, it's gone. Give it a try.

Yep, as lazy mentioned, unfortunately there's a known problem with the uninstall option from the DVD (it was added as an extremely late request and was found to have issues that we cannot patch since the executable runs off of the DVD itself). There was a tool we supplied Codemasters with that fixes this issue. I can post this tool separately on here, but it should also be supplied with Open Beta 1. For the record, you should always use the Add/Remove Programs option in Control Panel, this works fine.

Well i am personally very excited about this patch of course because of the many changes to the gameplay, but there was one particular change which was the edges that caught my eye. As on the game pre patch i found batting waaaay to easy even on hard but i did used to edge all the time but it seemed to never go to slip,guly or keeper ect only occasionly against the spinner but now with edges carrying more it should make me play my shots wiser than before as switching off as ive heard people say will cost wickets.

As I discovered just now. Chasing 474 or so to win, I almost reached tea unscathed, but one just outside offstump just short of a length looked too tempting, so I played it, and edged it to second slip, who caught it.

@DarkBoyBlunder: Can you confirm whether it's possible to flight spinners and if so, how do you do it? :)

Last edited:
Oh yeah one thing: can batsmen still sweep the quick bowlers?

Well I sux on Hard & only got like 100 runs lol & I bowl heaps of NB

Also most of my players went into bat Tired ? strange

But the game runs great except during the little replay sometimes it looks Blury or not clear & before patch was perfect

U reakon u could add Chat to the patch or is this to hard ?

when u play online, is it on Hard, Normal, or Easy ?

when will we get the Online Beta patch ?

cheers

anyway in the future it would be great to be able to save a online match & have 2 vs 2 online if this is possible :)

Well I sux on Hard & only got like 100 runs lol & I bowl heaps of NB

Also most of my players went into bat Tired ? strange

But the game runs great except during the little replay sometimes it looks Blury or not clear & before patch was perfect

U reakon u could add Chat to the patch or is this to hard ?

when u play online, is it on Hard, Normal, or Easy ?

when will we get the Online Beta patch ?

cheers

anyway in the future it would be great to be able to save a online match & have 2 vs 2 online if this is possible :)

Currently in the unpatched version , Online play is normal. So I'm expecting it to stay normal.

Having a super realistic test match against England. Won the toss, elcted to bowl and heres scorecard of day 1.
There was a middle-order collapse of England after I took the new ball at 81st over. The p'nership graph will show that.
I am using Aussie1st's International Roster Pre-Release v1.5.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-09-25 11-10-59-13.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-25 11-10-59-13.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-25 11-11-02-87.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-25 11-11-02-87.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 72
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-25 11-11-05-79.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-25 11-11-05-79.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-25 11-24-35-19.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-25 11-24-35-19.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 62
Having a super realistic test match against England. Won the toss, elcted to bowl and heres scorecard of day 1.
There was a middle-order collapse of England after I took the new ball at 81st over. The p'nership graph will show that.
I am using Aussie1st's International Roster Pre-Release v1.5.

Nice screenies as always and consistent with the experiences I am having. good stuff!

As I discovered just now. Chasing 474 or so to win, I almost reached tea unscathed, but one just outside offstump just short of a length looked too tempting, so I played it, and edged it to second slip, who caught it.

@DarkBoyBlunder: Can you confirm whether it's possible to flight spinners and if so, how do you do it? :)

to do this you need to bowl a light green delivery and hit the bowling marker in the light green area (before it goes red for no balls)

hope i helped!

Is graham onions in the game now as on the first page it says that there has been modifications to the england line up and also what speed does collingwood bowl at now. He could only bowl at spinners pace before the patch but what is he like now?

cheers

Collingwood bowls at the correct speed. Players can't now be added for licensing reasons so Onions is not in the game (but is easy enough to add yourself).

No new players, just modifications to the batting order, who is in the team, etc. This is a licensing thing.

Bowlers' speeds have been fixed now, and the game is much the better for it.

I really hope we can still keep the savesdata file for correct names once the patch for ps3 is released

Users who are viewing this thread