Accents

P

pcfan123

Just wondering if you guys could identify which accents/regions these are for me.

As for the Australian accents, if someone could just give me a general gist of how many there are, which the main ones are an examples of famous people. For example Richie Benau and Steve Irwin sound miles apart!

English Accents:

Mark Nicholas

David LLoyd (sounds the same as Colly and Freddie)

Ricky Gervais

Simon Cowell

Ravi Bopara

and please add your own.

:cheers guys

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Colly is a "Mackam,"which means he's from Sunderland and doesn't sound anything like David Lloyd or Freddie, those two are from Lancashire :)

P

pcfan123

What about Nicholas and Gervais

hMarka added 2 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

David Lloyd is from Lancashire. I'd use wikipedia for the rest.

I don't think wikipedia will say anything about their accents, just where they are born.

George Bush was born in Massachusetts and he sure as hell does not have a New England accent :)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Mark Nicholas has more of a "proper," English accent. He's from London, not sure where in London, but its evident that he's brought up by a family who are very much classy English.

Ricky Gervais is a Brummie (Birmingham), well, he's from somewhere round that area anyways.

P

pcfan123

yea I hate the Nicholas accent, its the cliche "stick up his ass" Englishman. Unnecessarily dainty and flowery emphasis and enunciation.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
You hate me hMarka? That's disspointing :p. Simon Cowell is very much the same is Mark Nicholas.

P

pcfan123

Well you don't come across as a tosser, so no I don't :)

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I think it's safe to say that I have the thickest scouse accent on here.

Incidentally those with a strong scouse accent inherently sound a bit stupid.

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Ste, I think thats a bit of a generalisation. I have a broad-ish Wigan accent, fair strongest among the people I hang around with but I've never come across as stupid.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I meant to say strong scouse accent, but was distracted and put in completely the wrong word. Thus proving my own point...

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
What 'type' of English accent does Freddie have? Can't understand a single thing he says.

I used to live in manchester/lanc area and I don't remember having such a hard time understanding things!

Users who are viewing this thread