Achievements/Trophy Discussion

XBOX 360 Achievements

I like games that show some challenge but feel this was a little easy, played one good session with the game on Hard and all achievements done, anyone else had this ease of success?

By session do you mean a session in a test match or like hourly session of doing like all challenges, getting 500 in ashes and 40 wickets, 4 wickets in row (includes 3 hat-rick), getting 400 with single player, winning the ashes, and a ODI AND 20/20 tournament, getting 10 wickets in a match with 1 single player, bowl out batman twice in a test match for a duck and a golden duck and win a test match by a innings and 10 wickets, all in like a few hours ?

I never try and do the challenges. I think it takes away the fun of the game.

I don't do a challenge, then move onto next one. I just play the game and the achievements slot into place as time goes by

yeah I mean session in where I really tried and tested the game, played it straight for a few hours and just ran through the achievements, all done.

I had a few shocking innings along the way so it wasnt all clean sailing but, still managed to complete all achievements in one sitting, of somewhere around 6-7 hours.

Code:
	Master of the Blade	5
Successfully complete all batting lessons and challenges.

Master with the Ball	5
Successfully complete all of the bowling lessons and challenges.

Dynamite in the Field	5
Successfully complete all of the fielding lessons.

Raise the Bat	5
Score 50 runs in an innings with a single batsman in single player or ranked online match.

The Big 100	15
Score 100 runs in an innings with a single batsman in single player or ranked online match.

The Double Ton	30
Score 200 runs in an innings with a single batsman in single player or ranked online match.

The Triple Ton	40
Score 300 runs in an innings with a single batsman in single player or ranked online match.

Ashes King with the Bat	50
Score 500 runs in an Ashes Series with a single batsman in single player.

Power Hitting	10
Hit 6 fours in 6 consecutive deliveries in an innings in single player or ranked online match.

The Blazing Blade	20
Hit 6 sixes in 6 consecutive deliveries in an innings in single player or ranked online match.

The Hat Trick	30
Take 3 wickets in a row from one bowler in a match in single player or ranked online match.

The Top Hat Trick	50
Take 4 wickets in a row from one bowler in a match in single player or ranked online match.

Raise the Ball	20
Take 5 wickets in an innings with a single bowler in single player or ranked online match.

If You Want Something Done Right	75
Take 10 wickets in an innings with a single bowler in single player or ranked online match.

Nought and Nought	20
Dismiss a batsman for a duck twice in a Test Match in single player or ranked online match.

King Pair	40
Dismiss a batsman for a golden duck twice in a Test Match in single player or ranked online match.

Ashes Destroyer	50
Take 40 wickets in an Ashes series with a single bowler in single player.

Demolition with the Ball	40
Bowl the opponent out in 10 overs or less in single player or ranked online match.

ODI Domination	40
Score 300 runs or more in an innings of an ODI Match in single player or ranked online match.

Test Match Domination	50
Score 600 runs or more in an innings of a Test Match in single player or ranked online match.

10 Wicket Defeat	75
Win a Test Match by 10 wickets in single player or ranked online match.

Innings Defeat	75
Win a Test Match by an innings or more in single player or ranked online match.

ODI Champions	75
Win a full-length ODI Tournament in single player.

20 Over Champions	75
Win a full-length 20 Over Tournament in single player.

Ashes Champions	100
Win an Ashes series in single player.

Are they the achievements? Can't see how you can do that in one innings.

If you read the reply above one session not one innings. :)

and yes all done.

Well cant see how u done them all in 6 hours on hard.... like get 500 in ashes series and 40 wickets in ashes with 1 player will be hard on medium let alone on hard, and like you said then u completed all challenges, legends coaching, done a 20/20 tournament, ODI tournament and an ashes series on hard In like 6 hours as well as all the other achievements to do....

do you need to have Xbox Live to complete any of the achievements?

worked on my swing bowler, but used custom fields.

So if i use spin or swing which is also with wear on the ball i custom the field to ensure i know where I can bowl.

love using only one slip but pushing players out deep and then enticing the big hit, such as hook or late cut, if its not timed then your close in fielders, slip or keeper can also clean up.

I also played 8 online matches, which is where I got the get them out in under 10 overs and some of the others, online the matches where very quick and allowed me some time to rest between taking out the ashes. my worst ashes innings was one of my first of 268 still managed the 50, and in my bowling only took wickets with Brett lee hence got the 10 achievement as well, they scored 377 and I played and adjusted the field. Second innings I scored 733 at an average of 15 or so an over. I never use the advancing shots and can easily hit a six or four using 80% front foot shots. I should add given the correct ball. I hit alot of cover or off drive shots for fours, using the front foot, I aim between fielders and given you time it its so often a 4, and if short at all I can hit a 6 most of the time. Yes again using the front foot shot.

It all depends on the bowler type really, fast is one timing, medium anther etc. Also masters using sweep and can lay the ball all around if needed.Bowling can still be difficult, but as I said I change the field and rip them apart, sometimes with more success than others.

madmattg added 8 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

oh also if you want the proof gamer tag is MADRAEFON, i think im at 78000 or so ahievement points at the moment.

Last edited:
I'm interested in how you bowl with the spinners in particular. I'm just getting hammered with them. What length are you bowling? Do you change the amount of spin a lot, move the cursor late etc?

Change alot with the spinner, mostly play with the field. However I bowl shorter than with the fast or swing bowlers, and move it away or into the batsmens based on what you want to achieve with you field.

I also had more success with the slower ball or at least varying the speed. I dont use spinners against batsmen that are in the order above 4 though so only 5 and below. Well I had not success otherwise, and only found some good fielding and placements later on around test 3, 4 and cleaned up in the 5th ashes series.

Again im also using the xbox 360, as the title suggests, but have to say the graphics are so much better on the PC.

I'm interested in how you bowl with the spinners in particular. I'm just getting hammered with them. What length are you bowling? Do you change the amount of spin a lot, move the cursor late etc?

Well, I find that different spinners help me take wickets. With Graeme Swann for instance, I tend to bowl shorter hoping to get a top edge or catch in the slips or at short leg. I tend to bowl on the batsmens toes with Monty Panesar. But with Adil Rashid, I almost always try and get them bowled by pitching the ball up, line and length. I tend to use these as my stock balls and occasionally bring in the Arm ball or the Doosra

I have unlocked the hat trick and few other achievements. Hat trick is very easy to complete online infact I completed my Hat trick playing against a guy who is also a member of the PC. I thought might achieve 4 in 4 but the guy blocked it:doh

Users who are viewing this thread