additional all time teams...

Warwick Armstrong was a big guy!!

''The fridge has opened!'' Classic bumble commentary on that Leverock video.

Mark Cosgrove is a big lad. Probably the biggest professional cricketer I've seen.

Oh yeah! I haven't seen him, lol, they crack me up these big fellas playing cricket,,,recently saw another one in the BBL, and we have another one here in SA, a wickie, he makes me laugh,,,how does one get so big in a sport that requires fitness?

*im not saying cricket is for slims only* but....

Edit: I did a google check on Cosgrove, that's the same fella I saw, Lol

Last edited:
Flint off once said cricket is a sport for people not fit enough to play darts!!!

Classic bumble commentary!!

Sorry block we're hijacking your thread!! Back on topic

Flint off once said cricket is a sport for people not fit enough to play darts!!!

Classic bumble commentary!!

Sorry block we're hijacking your thread!! Back on topic

No worries from me AJ, let the convo go where it wants...

Been researching my future project... The 20 players to have not scored a test run, or taken a wicket despite bowling at least one full over. Mostly one-cap wonders, but one of the fellas even played twice and sent down over 200 balls!

Just checking to see if any of them took any catches... See if I can get a "pointless" squad!

----------

Fourteen players who didn't score a run, bowled at least one over without getting a wicket, and took no catches.

Sadly 4 of them didn't get an innings batting so I am not sure if they count...

Fancy pitting that squad against my England Worst XI - Gav Hamilton in both squads!

Ha that would be one match you wouldn't have to queue for tickets!!

so every test playing nation's all time best team will be available in the academy except Bangladesh,so i made both the classic and all time best Bangladesh team,updated stats of few players....i know no one will play with or against this team but i thought it should be available in the academy...here is the classic team

Atahar Ali Khan
Naimur Rahman
Habibul Bashar
Aminul Islam
Akram Khan
Faruk Ahmed
Gazi Ashraf
Enamul Haque
Khaled Mashud
Hasibul Hossain
Minhajul Abedin
Javed Omar
Sanwar Hossain
Khaled Mahmud
Mohammad Rafique
Mehrab Hossain
Al Sahariar
Hannan Sarkar
Monjurul Islam

Thanks Kevin - what is your user name?

I will download the all time team for sure and put them in the "legends league" i am gonna set up with all the all-time teams, i just didn't know enough to spend the time myself. i am glad someone has done it though. cheers!

----------

so in a "Planet Cricket observation test" turns out we all lose. There IS an on-disc All Time Pakistan, so I don't need to create that, just link the players. Be interesting to see how close their roster is to mine!

It wasn't in the All Time group for some reason.

No SL or Zim (or Ban) or obviously Associates... so still doing those.

Andy Blignaut is a good shout. I created Heath Streak a while back. Feel free to use and edit it blockerdave. It's not great but it's the only one uploaded as yet.

This could be controversial but how about Gavin Hamilton (Scotland)?

Have tried, as with Ed Joyce (for now) to avoid those who played for full member countries as well as associates. Besides I have Hamilton in my Eng Worst XI and as above he'd be in the "pointless" squad if i make it... I think if i put him in three squads it'll look like obsession!

i think nuwan kulasekara is better choice than dilhara fernando :yes
He is NO 1 ODI bowler once. anyway thanks Good job:)

i think nuwan kulasekara is better choice than dilhara fernando :yes
He is NO 1 ODI bowler once. anyway thanks Good job:)

thanks. i will add kulasekera as i have space on the roster but i don't want to remove dilhara fernando - he is one of very few sri lankan bowlers to have taken 100 test wickets and so i think he deserves his place on the roster

----------

@kevinpp24 - I downloaded your AT Bangladesh, thanks for making them.

Can I ask - what is the difference between your AT and Classic? Are classic a team from a specific time?

If you have an interest in making Bangladesh teams, I have the 2005 England and Australia squads that played the Ashes, ODIs and T20 that year. You probably remember that Bangladesh were in the ODIs as a triangular tournament and they had a great win against Australia (at Cardiff?) when Ashraful scored a century. It would be cool to have 2005 Bangladesh ODI squad. I will look at making it at some point when I have finished the other teams I want to do but if you were interested to make it first that would be awesome!

All time best represents the best 20 odd players of their short history of Bangladesh Cricket,and as far as Classic Team is concerned it represents the best players who haven't played test cricket but were the first superheros of their country,and also the players who were in the team of 1999 world cup when the beat Pakistan. I remember the enthusiasm of the people of Bangladesh when they won the ICC trophy in 1997 and gained the odi status,so i thought i should make those players for the sake of their love for cricket.
Well i don't see any point of making Bangladesh team of 2005 as few of them are included in the all time best squad,and yes i forgot four five players who won that match against Australia,will add them in the all time best team.

---------- @blockerdave

uploaded the 2005 Bangladesh team,i've put those 16 players in roster who were playing in that triangular series in England,some faces are pretty much random,skills and attributes are assigned,batting line up is correct,haven't updated the stats as it is too much time consuming....have a look at these three teams i've made,modify anything if you need,and one more thing,as you have been making all these historic teams,i would suggest you to upload these Bangladesh teams from your id,so that everyone will find all these teams from your id rather than searching separately

Last edited:
upul chandana, kumar dharmasene, nuwan zoysa, russel arnold and upul tharanga are other big names in SL cricket. But i dont think they qualify to all time best because they didnt perform that well in Test matches

Users who are viewing this thread