Afl- 2007

Loving Port Adelaide at the moment :)

Going pretty well, just disappointed with the loss last week...Seemed like a pretty weak performance, ball possession does prove to turn a game.

Feral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy McLeod will be having a great season in the brownlow so far, would have posted 6 outta the 1st two matches i rekon

Good win by the Dons on Saturday. We should win on Saturday. But we have a habit of losing matches that we should win. Hopefully it doesn't happen this time.

Lol well its the dream time, so no one knows what'll happen, the Tigers are due for a win tho, but in sayin that i went for the Bombers :D

How good was the match last night Bombers v Tigers, one of the best matches i have seen this year, bad luck to the Tigers for not getting up with the win, but ya should of won it, 2 goals up with 3 minutes to go and ya's blew it, ohwell thats good for me, another tip right

Haha...And now Jimmy Brayshaw from the Footy Show has to wear a G-String on set lol!

Aww what a match! I was on the edge of my seat. A couple of controversial moments but it's the result that counts. With only a couple of minutes to go, Amon Buchanon had a shot at goal that looked like it was going to bounce straight through for a goal and win the match.
But no, the ball took an awkward bounce and grazed the post. Boy, I nearly had a heart attack. From the side view, it looked like it had gone in for a goal. But the goal umpire signalled a behind and my heart was saved.
The siren went a minute or 2 later signalling a 74-73 victory against the Swannies at the SCG.

Earlier in the final quarter, Bomber Adam Mcphee snapped from the forward pocket. He carried the ball over the boundary line. It should have been called out of bounds. But it wasn't and Mark McVeigh went on to kick an awesome goal that went through for a goal.

Another controversial moment was on the 3 quarter time siren. Scotty Lucas had a shot from 55. He failed to make the distance, but Peter "Spider" Everitt fisted the ball through for a behind, meaning that the Bombers scored a point. He could have easily marked the ball, and the game would have more than likely ended up a draw.

Boy was I excited that we won, and so were the players. The song was sung with pride and a lot of them were jumping around like a kangaroo.

Bring on the Eagles!

It was a great win by the Bombers, but they shouldnt have won. The McPhee contreversey was out of bounds, but it was a smashing goal by McVeigh, (Goal of the year so far). I dont think that the Spider incident would of mattered. It happened at 3 quarter time, so the game could of went either way from that. But the post padding is what ticked me off. Why is it soooo HUGE? it is like 11 feet in the air, taller than Aaron Sandilands, and yet most off the goal pads are around 6-7 feet high in the air usually around the grounds. But other than that it was a great match.

Over the other side of Australia, the Tigers and Lions played a draw and that was entertaining aswell. Kane Johnson should of popped that ball right in the goal sqaure, instead of trying chip the ball into the forward 50

If you take a specky near the post, the player could hit his head on the post.
It would have more than likely still hit the post.

The other side of Australia? They were both playing on the east coast. ;-)

So many teams have stopped in the final quarter this round!

Why is this happening?

Melbourne stopped.
Essendon stopped.
Brisbane stopped.
Carlton stopped.

What the hell?

lol yeah i noticed that aswell. It was a good game between the Bombers and the Swans. And on the other hand, the Swans were robbed thanks to the boundary umpire, but i must say that McVeigh goal was freaky.

Lions and Richmond played to a draw, that would be the worst feeling in football, playing nearly 2 hours of a hard contest, and coming out of the game with nothing, not a win nor a loss, it would be heart sinking

If Geelong beat the Crows (sorry, when, not if :D ) we will take top spot!

Essendon defeated West Coast by a point in a thriller

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread