Super 14

Who will win the Super14?

• Total voters

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I blame the ref too :p What on earth was the scrum penalty for. Unbelievable! But in saying that Baxter probably stuffed up something as his scruming is poor.

Greenidge

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I see Ewen McKenzie is going to lodge an official complaint about the ref. I must admit, the collapsed scrum penalty was a strange one. There is no reason why Baxter would want to take that scrum down.
But was the ref that bad? The advantage he didn't give the Waratahs when they were in scoring position was a bad call but apart from that I can't remember too many cases where the Waratahs were treated unfairly. The wheeled scrum that led to the Hurricanes try should probably have been a penalty to the Waratahs, but every team tries to wheel the scrum when it isn't there put in. The laws of the game promote this sort of play.
And I do remember one scrum on the Waratahs line (Hurricanes feed) where the Hurricanes conceded a free kick because Kaplin thought Weepu was delaying the put in. That was a harsh call that could have denied the Hurricanes more points.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Wallabies have just named their 40 man train on squad. Looks like the Force spent too much money on a nuffy ;) Drew Mitchell has been left out. Others left out Turini, Lyons and Henjak. Josh Holmes and Luke Burgess were two surpise picks. But I'm liking out new coaching style already.

Chris Latham, Cameron Shepherd, Lote Tuqiri, Mark Gerrard, Clyde Rathbone, Scott Staniforth, Matt Giteau, Stirling Mortlock, Gene Fairbanks, Ben Tune, Stephen Larkham, Mat Rogers, Sam Norton-Knight, Lachlan MacKay, George Gregan, Sam Cordingley, Brett Sheehan, Luke Burgess, Josh Holmes, George Smith, Rocky Elsom, Daniel Heenan, Phil Waugh, Wycliff Palu, Stephen Hoiles, John Roe, Scott Fava, Nathan Sharpe, Dan Vickerman, Mark Chisholm, Al Kanaar, Greg Holmes, Benn Robinson, Nic Henderson, Gareth Hardy, Rodney Blake, Al Baxter, Guy Shepherdson, Adam Freier, Tai McIsaac, Jeremy Paul, Tatafu Polota-Nau.

Greenidge

School Cricketer
I'm surprised Mitchell has been left out. I thought he was one of Australias up and coming stars. He's always looked a class act to me. Good looking backline anyway though. It will be interesting to see if the tight five performs better than last year.

obelisk

School Cricketer
Oh yeah I'm going to the final :) I got them on the internet. You've got to feel sorry for the people who lined up and missed out though when me from my computer got them.
And for the aussie squad; from what i've seen recently that squad looks pretty good. They made good calls in dropping Turinui and Lyons as i never rated either, especially Lyons

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Greenidge said:
I'm surprised Mitchell has been left out. I thought he was one of Australias up and coming stars. He's always looked a class act to me. Good looking backline anyway though. It will be interesting to see if the tight five performs better than last year.

I saw the squad too but realised that he's injured :D Mitchell would be a great player coming off the bench. Pretty good back utility but so is Rogers which they can use.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well that explains why hes not there. Oh well Norton Knight is more than capable if needed along with Rogers. Our tight 5 will rely on one man, Rodzilla. If he goes to France as rumoured then we are screwed.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Yeh he definately is an important player for Australia and is pretty young too!

Also read yesterday that Turinui isn't in the side which I just remembered now! Can't believe that they wouldn't want him in the team!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hes solid at best. But whenever he goes to the Wallabies he goes missing in action. You hardly see him do anything. Maybe hes more a 12 but he certainly is no 13. Mortlock and Tune are the best going around for us with Mortlock the best int he World.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Congrats to the Crusaders Super 14 champions. They proved they are the all weather team. Conditions were shocking especially for watching, couldn't see what was going on half the time with all that fog. Such a shame to end it on this note but the Crusaders were the better team, they dominated territory and possession.

obelisk

School Cricketer
Yay, another Super title. I saw about half the pitch for most of the game. could you see more or less on t.v? i know the people up higher could hardly see anything

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Of course more :) Once they got the right camera we could just see it. Some cameras were clear as usual some was just plain foggy. Once the ball went up it was like hmmm where did it go.
How'd you go about watching the game at the stadium?

Users who are viewing this thread